Getting started

Greetings

I haven't used any CAD programs for several years so I'm afraid that I'll have to re-train.

I'm looking for a program that will allow me to import .TIFF drawings and draw over them on other layers. The drawings I want to reproduce are from microfilm and aren't the best quality. Will intelliCAD fill my needs?

------------------
Ron

bubblehead567,

It depends on the compression format of the .tiff file.

You may need to convert the file which is very easy or the tiff files may import using ImageEnabler in IntelliCAD.

From the ImageEnabler Help Files:
ImageEnabler overview

This application is designed for companies who need to modify and view raster images directly inside IntelliCAD.
ImageEnabler supplies tools to easily load, edit, and modify multiple images and make your work easier and more efficient.
You can attach and load multiple raster images as overlays or underlays to your IntelliCAD drawings. These images can be loaded or deleted at will. The raster images can be selected through IntelliCAD commands or from the edge of the raster’s frame for ImageEnabler or SmartPixel Edit commands. Once an image is no longer required in the drawing, you can detach it.

The ImageEnabler allows you to select a transparent color for allowing underlying images to show through the top raster image. The Draw Order commands allow you to easily overlay or underlay your images in the IntelliCAD drawing.
The companion application, SmartPixel Edit, allows you to further modify these loaded images.

There are programs around that convert Raster Images (your drawings as a tiff file} to Vectors (CAD Drawings). These can also carry out some clean-up such as removing any single pixels on the image prior to running a vector trace.

------------------
Regards
John Finlay