PROBLEMS!!!!

i HAVE SEVERAL ISSUES WITH CMS INTELLICAD PE.
1. ONCE I CLOSE A FILE AND OPEN IT BACK UP MAYBE TO PRINT ANOTHER COPY MY LEADER LINES DISAPPEAR. **** THATS ANNOYING.
2. i BELIEVE INTELLICAD HAS A SOFTWARE CONFLICT WITH WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL. iT FREEZES ABOUT EVERY 5 -10 MINUTES. NO EXAGERRATION. iT NEVER FREEZES IN ANY OTHER APPLICATION EXCEPT INTELLICAD.
3. ALSO, WHEN I DIMENSION IT DOES NOT GIVE ME ANY DIAMETER SYMBOLS OR DEGREE SYMBOLS. INSTEAD IT DISPLAYS LITTLE QUESTION MARKS IN THIER PLACE.
4. ALSO, 3D DRAWING IN INTELLICAD IS IMPOSSIBLE DESPITE ALL THE COMMANDS BEING THERE. NONE OF THEM WORK THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO.
DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THESE ISSUES??? iM PISSED OFF.

JJW,

Item 1
I have tested the leader on my machine and it works fine.

Item 2
I am using Win 98 Second Edition and can't comment.

Item 3
I am getting degrees symbols - what font are you using?

Item 4
All my 3D entities are working fine.

I know the ITC have had problems with dimensions on this release and are working to fix these - you may need to return to a prior version of ICAD and upgrade later. It is frustrating when things don't work the way they should and you know they were working before.

------------------
Regards
John Finlay
Don't want to post a question - email me direct on john@acecad.com.au

JJW...

Well, I experienced that problem in prior versions of ICAD. As far as I understand, the dimensioning has been improved very much.

Well, I found a workaround for that. Change the color of the dimensions lines and arrows to whatever color you use for them except 'bylayer'. Don't ask me why, I just discovered it by observation.

I've been testing ICAD latest release in Win2000 for about three days, and it has been working fine.

As John Finlay said, the problem with the degree and diameter symbol is a font problem. If you're using a .SHX font, the original ICAD and ACAD fonts, you won't get those symbols unless you use %%d and %%c in the text editor. Try using .TTF fonts, the windows ones.

And 3D, well, I've worked several architectural models in ICAD, with the surface commands and extruded lines and plines, and they look good. Remember that ICAD doesn't manage ACIS solids or boolean operations. If you want, I can send you some examples.

Well, I recommend to upgrade your ICAD software. The latest one is stable and I think all the problems you posted has been solved.