If "Inital Load Behavior" was set to "Startup" the DLL loads and works.
However if a new drawing is started in the same session the DLL is lost and has to be reloaded. Is the ADDIN MANAGER the only way to reload? (some of my users do not have VBA installed) A better solution is if it was reset by code within the DLL somehow?
Or is there a different setting for Load Behavior that solves this.

Thanks again for a very informative topic.

RSTRACH,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've been looking into it a little bit, but haven't figured out a good solution. I can get the dll & associated functions reloaded after opening a new drawing by putting some code in "Common Projects" to capture the Document_Open event, but I really don't like that - if I wanted to use VBA, I would do ALL of my coding in "Common Projects" and not use VB6 at all.

If I figure it out, I'll post the solution here. And if you beat me to it, I'd appreciate it if you could do the same!

Ben Smith

Thank you for this thread. It has been very helpful. I have found another problem I believe. When using all these methods as described above, my code will crash when using the 'getpoint' routine. There is a problem with getpoint that you can read in this forum. (Originally posted by Julian, titled "getpoint object error" posted on 3-17-05) The "workaround" proposed in that thread does not seem to work when calling a routine by using "definefunction" any ideas?