More printing problems

I have upgraded to ver2000 and I am having problems replicating the settings and print quality that I had with ver98. When I print I set the line thickness for all colours to 0.4 this gives me a descent line. When I print however some of the lines do not thicken up at all and remain very faint. The lines that don't thicken up are the same colour as the lines that do. Bizarre or what?? My drawings contain polylines of varying thickness so I always thicken all lines equally to maintain the distinction. On ver98 there was two very useful boxes on the print set up. One was for turning all colours to black and the other was the global line thickness. I always thought this was excellent and much better than the ACAD setup, but it is gone on the new version (madness I think).
My solution is to have both versions installed, 2000 to work with and 98 to print with. If you have a solution to my problem let me know.
My previous problem was not resolved, the photos were inserted using OLE. WE installed Intellicad in the other office so that the prints would print the photos the right way up. Can you explain mor about the raster image support within ICAD for future use

Icad98 shipped with a printing program, Winline, which was licensed from a third party developer.

Icad2000 uses the freebie printer program that ships with Windows. The Windows printer program should be suitable for most printing requirements.

If you find that the Windows printer program is lacking, you may purchase an Icad2000 version of Winline directly from Winline

Lee stated it pretty clear, printing in IntelliCAD 98 was enhanced with the Winline drivers. I have found that the standard windows drivers are sufficient for most circumstances, but you may need the Winline drivers.

Raster Image support in IntelliCAD allows you to insert Image files into a drawing. The big difference between a raster Image and an OLE object is that Raster Images in IntelliCAD can be manipulated in a fashion that mimics any other IntelliCAD entity.

This is especially helpful when you need to scale an image or if you want to change the drawing order or adjust the brightness and contrast of an image.

As far as OLE objects are concerned, I have nothing good to say about them when used in IntelliCAD drawings. Maybe someone else has had better luck but my results are almost always embarrassing.

I hope this is helpful.