Re: Need to uninstall/reinstall IntelliCAD 11.1 PE Plus - dongle

gafrix wrote:Can anyone confirm?
Sadly no. But I hate to see a "help forum" just lay around.

I'm still trying to see if I can update my installation which I'm trying to figure out. When I go to the Help tab, and go to the Other section of the ribbon, and then click on the Check For Updates it falls apart. By that I mean a window pops up (yeah! some action) and it immediately states: New upgrade available, download and try it now?

Now I'm at the "I don't know stage". What does the "download and try it now" mean? Does it mean I can upgrade to a newer version (I purchased an upgrade license less than one year ago)? Or does it mean it will now download the new version as a trial version? And when the trial version times out do I have to purchase another upgrade license to continue using the latest and greatest?

The vagueness is frustrating. I could see such vagueness if I was asking how to do a 3D spline using Cosine vectoring. But simple questions for upgrading should be immediately taken care of, how else am I going to be encouraged to use CMS version of Intellicad?

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Bottom line: I don't have the dongle version, so I don't know for sure. But reading how the dongle version "works" at the CMS store, you're steps sound correct. But I can't say with experience to give you a yes or no answer.

Yes, you need to install CMS IntelliCAD 11.1 PE PLUS first, then run it as system administrator.
Then you can install the USB Dongle that you claim to have created.
If the USB Dongle has been created properly according to the instructions we provide at the download section of our website then it should work. That will happen if nothing else at your system is not interfering with our software from running properly.

@CMS Intellicad: Thank you for your reply.

My original problem: The Microsoft Print to PDF.pc3 file that I previously had on my 11.1PE Plus system has disappeared. I was told on another post that I needed to re-install 11.1PE Plus. Is there a better way to get a new copy of the Microsoft Print to PDF.pc3 file?

My dongle is working just fine right now. I just can't print to a .pdf other than using Microsoft Print to PDF, which limits me to 11 x 17 (Tabloid).

Assuming that I do need to reinstall to get the new copy of Microsoft Print to PDF.pc3 file, are my steps below correct?

1. since I have the dongle license, and the dongle is working, I don't need to deactivate the license
2. go to Windows Apps & Features and uninstall CMS Intellicad 11.1
3. with the dongle installed on the computer, run CMS_Icad_11.1x64_PE+_setup.exe

Thank you.