Backup before upgrading

In the FAQ it is written:
“Before upgrading, MAKE SURE to back up all user interface/custom settings.”
I can't find in the Forum a procedure to save ALL preferences in a backup that includes every aspect: CUI, dwt, OPTIONS, layers, line types, etc.
Is anyone aware of this?

Re: Backup before upgrading

Hello,
I don't know an automatic backup procedure.
I use the following procedure:

1) Open CMS intellicad and right click on the Ribbon, choose "Customize UI..." [or click on Tools -> Manage -> Customize UI] - Click on Transfer and save the current customisation clicking on the icon "Save As"
2) Make a copy of the folder %APPDATA%\CMS (this folder contains the various folders of the various CMS Intellicad versions you installed, including your dwt templates)
3) Type the command _SYSVARMONITOR (or Tools -> Manage -> System Variables Manager). From here you can filter the modified variables, export the variables (and later import the variables). Warning: pay attention to the path of the restored variable (e.g. when migrating from 12.0 to 12.1, change all the path accordingly during import)
4) Make a backup of your folder "CMS IntelliCAD12.1x64" in your "Documents" folder.
5) Use the the command _APPLOAD to get and idea of the LIST/script/applications that you configured for automatic startup.

You should then use the same steps indicated here above to restore the saved configurations back in your new CMS intellicad version.

Bye
Francesco

Re: Backup before upgrading

@Francesco
Grazie, esaminerò la procedura e, se mi permetti, ti chiederò maggiori lumi se non capisco qualcosa.
Thank you, I will examine the procedure and, if you allow me, I will ask you for further clarification if I don't understand something.