Factory reset my computer and cant find my usb dongle

How do I go about getting a copy of 10.1? I just moved into my new house and, because windows was being dodgy, I had to factory reset. I can't find my USB dongle that I bought but I need this software up and running so I can design some home upgrades to send off for permitting. Why is the download page so awkwardly worded and why can't I find a copy of what I want so I can just plug my license key into it? The download page keeps directing me to my "store account" but there's nothing in there for downloads.

Re: Factory reset my computer and cant find my usb dongle

Hi

Did you De-activate the license befire you reset the PC?
(I'm assuming NO, as it was dongle based.)

Your options are limited.
There appears to be a replacement 'Dongle' here: https://www.intellicadms.com/store/disks scroll to the bottom of the page
OR
Buy the latest version and forget the past.
OR
Read this thread: viewtopic.php?t=1519&sid=6549fbbb884aae ... f2c66af674
Support Pack here: https://www.intellicadms.com/store/support-packs

SteveN
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

sln8458 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:09 am
Hi

Did you De-activate the license befire you reset the PC?
(I'm assuming NO, as it was dongle based.)

Your options are limited.
There appears to be a replacement 'Dongle' here: https://www.intellicadms.com/store/disks scroll to the bottom of the page
OR
Buy the latest version and forget the past.
OR
Read this thread: viewtopic.php?t=1519&sid=6549fbbb884aae ... f2c66af674
Support Pack here: https://www.intellicadms.com/store/support-packs

SteveN
When I bought this software it was under the promise that it was a one time license fee and that it would not require me to pay any more expenses into it, such as these arbitrary requirements to purchase support packs and replacement dongles at exorbitant rates.

It was NOT dongle based. I downloaded the original software from the site itself and had bought the dongle as part of the package although it wasn't necessary to install at the time. Clearly you guys have decided to change tack and attempt to profiteer where you promised you wouldn't as you were touting yourselves as the functional alternative to Autocad's exploitive subscription model, which tells me a lot about your credibility. And charging $100 for a usb dongle of software I already paid for is the literal definition of exploitive profiteering. I'll wait until I can unpack the dongle, thank you very much.

Make sure to pay proper attention to the license you have purchased, and the information we've provided you with.

You've purchased a CMS IntelliCAD 10.1 PE Plus USB dongle license, and this means that the license is actually the USB DONGLE.

IN THIS CASE YOU DO NOT NEED TO ACTIVATE OR DEACTIVATE ANY LICENSE.
USE THE USB DONGLE TO RUN THE LICENSE.
IF YOU LOST OR DAMAGED THE DONGLE THEN YOU CAN BUY A REPLACEMENT AT OUR STORE.

You also have the installer files for the CMS IntelliCAD 10.1 PE Plus licensed version of our software at the DVD disk we've shipped you.

If you can't find neither the USB Dongle or the DVD disk we sent you, then you can upgrade your license at our store.

Regardless of dongles or other license types I think perpetual license means "perpetual" if you buy a software you have the right to install a re-install it as needed , they need to put an online alternative to deactivate or link the license to the PC as Microsoft has done when you buy Windows. But no, the link you to the sales team...

I am also running from Autodesk abusive subscription business model bc I am small business like many here.

nowayjose wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:29 pm
Regardless of dongles or other license types I think perpetual license means "perpetual" if you buy a software you have the right to install a re-install it as needed , they need to put an online alternative to deactivate or link the license to the PC as Microsoft has done when you buy Windows. But no, the link you to the sales team...

I am also running from Autodesk abusive subscription business model bc I am small business like many here.
I'm sorry but you will not like my post!
I run a small business, as such I regularly backup my main PC to a seperate 'portable' drive 3Tb. (I use Fbackup)
I also backup various data files to my laptop (this is a backup to my main PC)

In these backups are the installation files & info on my historical licenses
I have versions 9.0 thro 12.0 accessable on both laptop & PC
You say you have 'missplaced' your dongle as a result of a house move.
Would you complain to say Samsung, if you missplaced your mnitor? (I will guess NO), or your mouse/keyboard??
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk