Re: Intellicad 12

Hi JP,
In the past, ALL upgrades have actually been a new copy.
You should have a new license/activation code. Check in the License section of your 'Store'account.
failing that, you will need to email CMS as you run the risk of 'failed' activations using up your licenses!!

SteveN
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

Upgrading from v11.
The docs state that I need to uninstall v11, reboot, then install v12.
Do I need to deactivate the v11 license before I uninstall? Even though I'll be installing v12 on the same machine as where v11 is removed?

gigaboy wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:54 pm
Upgrading from v11.
The docs state that I need to uninstall v11, reboot, then install v12.
Do I need to deactivate the v11 license before I uninstall? Even though I'll be installing v12 on the same machine as where v11 is removed?
You don't need to, but I would. Just for completeness.
SteveN
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

So... I've got EasyRun, but I have to admit that I have a love/hate relationship with it. I don't do a ton of CAD work, but when I do, it seems like the "we'll always seamlessly give you the most recent version" isn't really very true. I have to fight with TurboPC each time there is a major version upgrade. But this is kind of a generic vent; let's get to Intellicad 12....

I don't really understand Intellicadms' release strategy. Based on previous experience, I'm assuming I'll need to reinstall the TurboPC client on my machine to get v12 (previous paragraph's vent). However, when I look at my available applications download page, I only see the v11 TurboPC. And if I look at the version of Intellicad that is running on my machine, it too is v11. All of this, of course, means that I am not running the latest version, specifically v12.

My question, then, is.... How long will it be for v12 to be made available to customers who are using EasyRun? I would have thought that when v12 was released, CMS would switch the entire suite of offerings to the new version. But reviewing their 'shop', this doesn't really seem to be the case; three are lots of v11.1 variations still available. But this becomes very confusing because EasyRun doesn't have *any* version tied to it in that webpage. On the one side, that makes sense because customers should automagically get the latest version. But that is only theoretical because in reality you load must the new TurboPC for this to occur. All of this means that I must continually go back into my 'Available Applications' page to see if CMS has updated the version. This gets to be tedious and not really a great customer experience. Better dissemination of when a new EasyRun version is available, and how to obtain in (eg: you must install a new TurboPC) would be nice to have.

I am currently using 10.0 PE Plus Single License.

I am now considering upgrading to 12.0 PE Plus.

I have two (2) confusions about this:

1. Do I buy the 12.0 PE Plus Upgrade or the 12.0 PE Plus StandAlone?

2. Being a 10.0 PE Plus Single License user now, Can I buy the 12.0 PE Plus Network Upgrade for 5 Users. Or Do I need to buy the regular Network License for 5 Users.

Thanks in advance...