Artisan

Hi everyone
Has anyone gained experience with Artisan. Mine seems to be either a cut down version or all the functions
are not working.
The real time display yields a black screen. Real time backgrounds revolve etc but not when a model is present.
Rendering works fine but blind posing is a chore.
Preferences also don't show any openGL settings only software low med high
I've tried changing openGL settings i Intellicad to no avail and have re installed Artisan.
Can anyone help?
Norb

Re: Artisan

norb wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:18 am
Hi everyone
Has anyone gained experience with Artisan. Mine seems to be either a cut down version or all the functions
are not working.
The real time display yields a black screen. Real time backgrounds revolve etc but not when a model is present.
Rendering works fine but blind posing is a chore.
Preferences also don't show any openGL settings only software low med high
I've tried changing openGL settings i Intellicad to no avail and have re installed Artisan.
Can anyone help?
Norb
Norb,

That is not normal behavior. The settings in Intellicad do not carry over to Artisan in terms of graphics. What version are you using, graphics card, etc?
Have you tried different models?

I've used Artisan a lot and have not encountered what you are running into.

Best-
-Kam

Hi
My pc is a Ryzen 5800 and the graphics card is Radeon wx 3200 so it runs rendering software with ease.
I have Bricscad running with direct modelling and high res on screen ...no problem.
I am downloading the new build of ITC11 pe+ and Artisan as I write so...I'll see if there is any improvement.
Thanks
Norb

Hi again
I've installed the new update and am having difficulty understanding the very confusing Licence registration page.
I have an activation key for the earlier version but there are three fields registration ID, license key and activation key.
Would appreciate some help with this as support request seems to take me straight to the forum er....is this the support too?
I hope I'm still the owner of this software.
Artisan is still not working properly!
I also hope that this is actually reaching CMS support staff not just the forum.
I would really welcome some help.
Thanks
Norb

norb wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:18 am
Hi again
I've updated win 10.
I've updated and reinstalled my graphics drivers for amd and voila Artisan works properly now.
Sorry to have bothered you.
Regards
Norb
No problem! It is all part of the process to determine where the problem could be.

Happy rendering!

-Kam

Re: Intellicad CRASHES

I have never experienced such poor software!
I was in Artisan and exited back to Intellicad which immediately crashed.
I tried to reopen Intellicad and found that it now only opens the error report page nothing else!!!!
There is a terminate button on the error page but it's greyed out and non functional.
Having got the terminate clue, I tried to go to task manager but Intellicad is not displayed so no luck.
What good is software that does this to my head?
I'm asking for my money back.
SO ANGRY!
Last edited by norb on Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.