Consistent Crashes

Hello,

Issue with the program [PE 11.1.435] crashing consistently during use. Full un-install/ re-install, restarts etc and still same issue. Basically crashing every 20mins or so.

PC Specs: Dell Precision 3260, 13th gen i7-13700, 16gb ram, Nvidia T1000 GPU, windows 11 Pro

Re: Consistent Crashes

ATM, my biggest issue is 'doing nothing'
Let me explain: I go to open a drawing, 3D model of a section of chemical plant, and Icad seems to opening the drawing then it stops - check task manager and the PC is idle (doing nothing) and the only way to progress is shutdown via task manager re-open Icad then use recover drawing and then it WILL open the same drawing.

I've been through the loop of uninstall/re-install, no improvement. atm I have put it down to having large files, the full site is over 2.5Gb!! :shock:
Sadly Icad does not make full use of the multicores available, so saving takes upto 10 mins, so I have autosave at 30 so I have some working time between saving.

Re you working in 3D?
if so try setting the display graphics to: Intermediate open GL as apposed to Advanced open GL. I have found this improves stability for 3D working.

SteveN
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

File sizes are no where near the size you are working on. Only model in 2D, no 3D stuff at present. My biggest drawing file I have been working on recently barely breaks 0.1GB in size.

Have tried changing the performance setting but it has mode no difference.

Adam

Adam Robb wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:22 am
Hello,

Issue with the program [PE 11.1.435] crashing consistently during use. Full un-install/ re-install, restarts etc and still same issue. Basically crashing every 20mins or so.

PC Specs: Dell Precision 3260, 13th gen i7-13700, 16gb ram, Nvidia T1000 GPU, windows 11 Pro
Hi Adam,
I have an idea: Go to the IntelliCAD folder and select your CmsIcad.exe file and choose properties and go to Compatibility menu. Then choose to use the Win10 compatibility.

At soon
Patrick
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture

Morning Patrick,

Windows 10 was not available as an option so chose windows 8 as the next highest version. So far it has been an improvement - at least a marked reduction in crashes.

Not received a response to my feedback to CMS yet, hopefully it is just a compatibility issue that can be resolved for all in the near future.

Thanks.

Adam Robb wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:48 am
Morning Patrick,

Windows 10 was not available as an option so chose windows 8 as the next highest version. So far it has been an improvement - at least a marked reduction in crashes.

Not received a response to my feedback to CMS yet, hopefully it is just a compatibility issue that can be resolved for all in the near future.

Thanks.
To where exactly did you submit a report?
We can't find any email message sent from your email address that is linked to your account.

Development cannot find any crash report submitted by you, but just a feedback message.
When getting a crash, CMS IntelliCAD is able to collect data about the crash. It should popup a crash bucket form that you can submit directly to developers.
Try to reproduce a crash at your machine and please submit it, otherwise it's impossible to tell what's going on at your system when running CMS IntelliCAD.

Adam Robb wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:22 am
Hello,

I'm having this issue as well. Just 2 days ago I had 4 or 5 crashes. Also, I occasionally get up to stretch my legs and take a break, only to come back later to discover that iCad shut down with not warning or error window while my PC was in screen saver mode. Crazy.
Architectural Building & Interior Designer, AutoCAD since 1995, ArchiCAD in 2007 then Revit since 2012 😎🤙🏼

CMS IntelliCAD 11.1.435.145443.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS111
Dell Optiplex Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Windows 11 Pro