Re: Consistent Crashes

sln8458 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:56 am
ATM, my biggest issue is 'doing nothing'
Let me explain: I go to open a drawing, 3D model of a section of chemical plant, and Icad seems to opening the drawing then it stops - check task manager and the PC is idle (doing nothing) and the only way to progress is shutdown via task manager re-open Icad then use recover drawing and then it WILL open the same drawing.

I've been through the loop of uninstall/re-install, no improvement. atm I have put it down to having large files, the full site is over 2.5Gb!! :shock:
Sadly Icad does not make full use of the multicores available, so saving takes upto 10 mins, so I have autosave at 30 so I have some working time between saving.

Re you working in 3D?
if so try setting the display graphics to: Intermediate open GL as apposed to Advanced open GL. I have found this improves stability for 3D working.

SteveN
I've had this happen as well. It's either at opening or during execution of a simple command. It just hangs with no warning, no error window, no movement on the screen other than my mouse on other portions of the monitor beyond the IntelliCAD window, no tax on the processor, no increase in fan speed, no sign of anything.
Architectural Building & Interior Designer, AutoCAD since 1995, ArchiCAD in 2007 then Revit since 2012 😎🤙🏼

CMS IntelliCAD 11.1.435.145443.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS111
Dell Optiplex Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Windows 11 Pro

Adam Robb wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:58 am
File sizes are no where near the size you are working on. Only model in 2D, no 3D stuff at present. My biggest drawing file I have been working on recently barely breaks 0.1GB in size.

Have tried changing the performance setting but it has mode no difference.

Adam
Same here, my file sizes are tiny. My Xref base is 1.5 MB, and the Project file is 5MB-ish. This program and my PC should be able to handle that with ease.
Architectural Building & Interior Designer, AutoCAD since 1995, ArchiCAD in 2007 then Revit since 2012 😎🤙🏼

Adam Robb wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:48 am
Morning Patrick,

Windows 10 was not available as an option so chose windows 8 as the next highest version. So far it has been an improvement - at least a marked reduction in crashes.

Not received a response to my feedback to CMS yet, hopefully it is just a compatibility issue that can be resolved for all in the near future.

Thanks.
I'm trying this as well. Just changed to Windows 8 (like you said, Windows 10 not listed). I'll report back another time if I see improvement.

CMS Inc wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:00 am
Development cannot find any crash report submitted by you, but just a feedback message.
When getting a crash, CMS IntelliCAD is able to collect data about the crash. It should popup a crash bucket form that you can submit directly to developers.
Try to reproduce a crash at your machine and please submit it, otherwise it's impossible to tell what's going on at your system when running CMS IntelliCAD.
Many of my crashes as of late are just the program either hanging up with no option but to "End Task" in Task Manager or suddenly the program just disappears.

I've submitted many crash reports since getting this program and I'm not sure I've seen any responses.

I think a number of my issues are due to the graphics card. One at work is a 2gb quadro p620. Personal computer is a 4gb gtx980 and program runs a bit smoother with that.

My main issue at the moment is solid hatching. Looks fine on screen but when printed there are an insane amount of white lines running through the solid hatch colour. Not found a solution to this yet myself so will have a look through the forums here see if anyone has had this issue.

Adam Robb wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:06 am
I think a number of my issues are due to the graphics card. One at work is a 2gb quadro p620. Personal computer is a 4gb gtx980 and program runs a bit smoother with that.

My main issue at the moment is solid hatching. Looks fine on screen but when printed there are an insane amount of white lines running through the solid hatch colour. Not found a solution to this yet myself so will have a look through the forums here see if anyone has had this issue.
That sucks man. Do you have a means to generate PDFs to view them that way vs printed sheets? I'm curious if the white lines show up in either a "print preview" on screen or in a PDF file.

It must be something to do with how the program generates the image for printing and a compatibility issue with my PDF viewer as the hatch looks prefect in model/ paper space. On print preview there may show up one or two lines through the solid hatch. But when printed - either physical paper print or PDF - it has significantly more lines.

I removed my PDF program from the printer list and using just the default DWG to PDF fixes the line issue. However, it does not seem to print hatches that are set in front of another hatch. I.E. if I make my drawing all dark grey than go back and add in blue to highlight windows, it all prints dark grey - seems to ignore draw order. I will just need to be make sure I separate hatch areas.

Annoying, but manageable.

Hi everyone
Consistent crashes and no response from support....is this a pattern? It seems we are on our own.
I've tried all of the above and reducing openGL to lower setting but nothing has worked.
I recently noticed that a rapid movement of the cursor seemed to cause an instant crash/disappearance.
Other times it just locks up and never recovers.
Is this just a 3D problem. I work predominantly in 3D and solids.
I hope there is a fix coming or someone among us comes up with one.
Norb

Hi,

The ITC are aware of the issue, I have reported it many times and have had a responce. They are looking at it and working on a solution.
Yes it IS very frustrating, all I can suggest atm is to set your autosave to a period that allows you to not loose too much work.
I normally have this at 30 mins, but atm I manually save as my file sizes are so large (one is over 2.5Gb, yes Gb) that 30 mins is almost back to back!
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

Hello, everyone and ICAD techs.

I have had most of my crashes when toggling between Paper and Model space in a paper space layout, apparently, at least.

I have also had some when there's several drawings opened at the same time, despite I have a 32Gb RAM, and a very decent processor and GPU. The autosave function takes way too long in these cases; it's as if the program can't properly manage memory.

This issue is really off-putting, unfortunately, because one feels as can't fully trust on working with ICAD consistently.
CMS IntelliCAD 11.1 x64 Premium Edition Plus
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb
AMD Ryzen 2700 X
32 Gb RAM