Re: 3D Filletting

Serannelo wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:33 am
I have a short video you can have in mpg format but I cannot attach to this message as I get a message saying unsupported file. Can I send direct to you?
Hope it helps
S
Thanks for the offer'
If you put it on Youtube or dropbox you can the put a link up on here I've done numerous like that.

SteveN
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

Thks a lot Serannelo, for your vid !
Very clear with video.
° I will add you have fillet too in "draw in 3D" menu of the ribbon
ScreenShot_20230809194054.jpeg
ScreenShot_20230809194054.jpeg (5.09 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
Patrick
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture

To both Steven and Patrick, thank you both for your valuable inputs and I am glad I was at least able to help a little.

This forum has helped me several times and it is good to put something, however small, back for others.

Stay safe and once again thanks
S.

This particular subject is now getting my blood boiling lol. This morning I have tried to draw a new bersion of what I did yesterday and create the fillets and what do you know.....NOTHING. I have done exactly the same exercise as thevideo I posted and no fillets can be drawn. I have not knowingly altered any settings.

I also contend that if you do create a fillet you cannot edit the model further down the line to change the fillet.

I would like someone from intellicad to please have a look at this and give us a definitive sequence of comkmands to fully guarantee success for all occasions of a correctly drawn, merged and modified 3d object.

The 3d solids created in intellicad look brilliant but the detail is frustrating for a new user.

Points made in constructive manner.

Thanks

I too have had all kinds of "Fun" working with 3D modelling and rounding and filleting edges. The one trick I've learned is that if you are having problems selecting the correct edges, change the graphics display to a wireframe. Sometimes I have to rotate the display a bit to get it to hit the right edges.

As others have said, once the geometry gets too far beyond the cubes, cylinders etc. it cannot modify/fillet the solid any further. Lofted and sweep solids are almost impossible from the start.

Best-
-Kam

kam33mitch wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:59 am
As others have said, once the geometry gets too far beyond the cubes, cylinders etc. it cannot modify/fillet the solid any further.
-Kam
Hi Kam
Yu're absolutelly right because IntelliCAD don't use parametric code.
When a process is changed, You can only return in history to abort your setup. You add only.

The only kind of parametric changes are possible is with AEC objects like windows or doors.

Hi Serranelo,
I can't understand your problem. What is the difference about your job?
You use two spline profil and loft them. You obtain a 3D solid. Then you add cylinder with your elbow and then make a fillet with the edge BUT pay attention to the size of the fillet in relation to the objects: too big the fillet is impossible !

You must absolutely good prepare your job before.
"I guess you want to create an airplane propeller" YES or NO ?
If there are 3 elbows, you must make only one with 1/3 of the entire propeller and duplicate around 360°.
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture

hi Patrick, I will attach a 2D of what I am trying to draw in 3D. so you get the idea. I have tried to draw a 1/4 section and copy and join but either you cannot join OR if you do it will not fillet.
Wheel.PNG
Wheel.PNG (9.89 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
Wheel.PNG
Wheel.PNG (9.89 KiB) Viewed 2031 times

Hi, EXACTLY like that .......so.....
1) Is that now a one piece solid? ie could it be converted to an .stl file for 3D printing?
2) HOW THE Fiddly deee.... did you do it.....I have been at it all day and still can only get a maximum of 2 spokes to fillet at the hub. If I try to mirror the solid (ie four quadrants as solids and join ) then I cannot join them.

Any chance of a video perhaps please?

Brilliant. :D

Oh poo, I didn't save the file, sorry.

Basic sequence was create outer rim profile as a 2D polyline shape, then revolve around the centre line axis.
Fillet the route where the outer lip meets the main part of the rim, then fillet the outer lip at the max diameter.

Create the inner hub with hole for shaft.

Create a 'spoke' and Union it to the inner hub and outer rim.
Then fillet between the spoke & inner hub, followed by fillet between spoke and outer rim.
NOTE: only one fillet at a time.

So you should have one spoke and the inner hub and outer rim as a single object.

I then used polar array (set UCS as required) specifying 360 deg and 6 items.
Tada!!!!

Looks like a train wheel ???

Give me 1/2 hour and I'll try and do a video.

SteveN
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk