Re: 3D Filletting

Here's a video, sorry about the quality.
Keep an eye on the command line as there are a number of times where that is where the input i shown.
Also it proves Patrick's comment about planning, a couple of times I had to stop and re-think.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/z91u6kbh ... rmof9&dl=0.

SteveN
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

Hi, I am in Leicestershire.

You are correct it is a train wheel for a large scale model. I am trying to produce a 3D image that can be sent to a laser printer to produce a pattern for white metal casting.

Does the model you created end up as 1 single solid that could go do a 3D printer as a.stl file?

Will continue to peruse and may get back to you later .

Thanks again,
R.

Hi Steve, thanks for the .stl image. I was finding that once I had completed, say, hub, 1 spoke and the rim that if I tried to combine them as two solids into 1 they would never join. So will have more of a play. I found it easyto do in autocad and created several complex 3D images with little problem but IU do find intellicad brilliant for 2D but taking a lot of learning the 3D mode......BUT everyday is a school day.

Thanks again...stay safe.
R.

Hi Richard,

Remember that to combine the rim/hub/spoke needs to be 2 descrete steps.
1/ Rim + spoke
then:
2/ (rims+spoke) + hub.

SteveN
PS
if you still have problem I would be happy to have a go if you send me the dwg.
I can post an email for you or try the contact on my web site (in my sig)

Hi Steve, many thanks for your kind offer which I may take up later but sometimes to learn one has to go through the pain first so I will stick with it a bit and try various "means" to get the drawing to work. Remember, if draughting was easy....everyone would do it. I learnt the old fashioned way, propelling pencil, adjustable square and parallel drafting table. lol.

Take care.
R.

Arh, you were posh then "propelling pencil" :) Those were the days :)

I started in the 70s, I remember my very first day in a drawing office.
The chief draughtsman took me to a board with parallel motion on wires. Not all of the boards had wires, over 100 in the office. A few were 'T' square for a few 'special' draughtsman, but most were on gear tracks.
Told me to 'tare off' a sheet of paper and draw parallel lines 3 & 4 mm apart, the proceded to show me where the roll of paper was & tore off an A0 piece :shock:
'stick that on your board boy'. When I had finished I asked him what next, he came over looked at what I had done & told me to do it again PROPERLY!!.
My turn to tare off the sheet from the roll, pigs ear springs to mind.
Anyway, put the paper on the board, more lines, then another earfull about taring off the paper properly, 'but best you start a bit of righting'
Yes fill those parallel lines with A-Z + 0-9, rinse and repeat. Had me doing that ALL week untill the last line was as good/bad as the first. I also learnt how to tare off the paper :).

Small hand file hanging on string off the corner of the board to sharpen the pencil

SteveN

Hi All.....well well well...... thanks to the various inputs from Sin8458 & Spirou4D and having tried countless times I have finally produced something like the intended 3D drawing that is a solid object and will save as an STL file. I think my problem (apart from lack of practice with CMS intellicad) was one of getting the UCS corectly orientated when trying to fillet. Whilst we may not be out of the woods yet I feel a little more understanding of the steps involved and will pay with other shapes. I attahc a screen grab of the finished article. Thanks again to you guys for your help.

Steve, for the moment ignore my email enquiry whilst i practice further.

Thanks
R
Wheel.PNG
Wheel.PNG (41.06 KiB) Viewed 2205 times

Serannelo wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:06 pm

Thanks
RWheel.PNG
Richard,
Nothing recieved here !!! I have checked junk & spam also.

Which email did you use?

Hotmail
Yahoo
Gmail
business .co.uk

SteveN

Is this what you're attempting to model?
We see no issues creating a 3D fillet on Boolean 3D solid objects, based on CMS IntelliCAD 3D primitives, that are not orthogonal. You'll need to be using CMS IntelliCAD 11.1 PE PLUS software.
Attachments
3dfillet_1.png
3dfillet_1.png (158.77 KiB) Viewed 1974 times
3dfillet.png
3dfillet.png (59.83 KiB) Viewed 1974 times

Serannelo wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:06 pm
Hi All.....well well well...... thanks to the various inputs from Sin8458 & Spirou4D and having tried countless times I have finally produced something like the intended 3D drawing that is a solid object and will save as an STL file. I think my problem (apart from lack of practice with CMS intellicad) was one of getting the UCS corectly orientated when trying to fillet. Whilst we may not be out of the woods yet I feel a little more understanding of the steps involved and will pay with other shapes. I attahc a screen grab of the finished article. Thanks again to you guys for your help.

Thanks
RWheel.PNG
Cool wheel!