Autocad DYNAMIC blocks, not visible after rotation - REGEN function required

I was expecting that CMS could create dynamic blocks and work 'easily' with dynamic blocks created in autocad.
Unfortunately, I seems that dynamic blocks can't be modified or created in CMS. Is this correct ?

Secondly, when I use the 'rotate' function on my dynamic block, the rotation works, but the block dissapears in the model tab.
In the layout tab the rotated block is visible. In the model tab, the block is visible after using then REGEN function.
Is this a bug or a problem with how the block was created in autocad?

Re: Autocad DYNAMIC blocks, not visible after rotation - REGEN function required

Bonjour Wim,

>>Unfortunately, I seems that dynamic blocks can't be modified or created in CMS. Is this correct ?
Oui les blocs dynamiques ne sont pas encore prévu par IntelliCAD.
Voir discussion ici: viewtopic.php?t=3175&sid=39bb595607d70f ... c578555b7f

2 L'usage de la fonction REGEN n'est pas automatique. C'est normal de devoir l'utiliser pour la rotation d'objets comme les blocs, dynamiques qui contiennent peut-être beaucoup d'éléments. Il faudrait analyser ton bloc pour comprendre.

A+
Patrick
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture

Re: Autocad DYNAMIC blocks, not visible after rotation - REGEN function required

info@projon.be wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:28 am
I was expecting that CMS could create dynamic blocks and work 'easily' with dynamic blocks created in autocad.
Unfortunately, I seems that dynamic blocks can't be modified or created in CMS. Is this correct ?

Secondly, when I use the 'rotate' function on my dynamic block, the rotation works, but the block dissapears in the model tab.
In the layout tab the rotated block is visible. In the model tab, the block is visible after using then REGEN function.
Is this a bug or a problem with how the block was created in autocad?
IntelliCAD does not support Dynamic blocks editing or creation at this point. CMS IntelliCAD dynamic blocks is in the development pipeline, and will be available as soon as possible.

We cannot reproduce your report about dyn blocks rotation as It works here in model space and paper space as well.
Rotating block at layouts also rotates the same block at model space, and vice versa, BUT if you stretch or scale a dynamic block then a REGEN might be required.
Attachments
dynblock_rotation_model.png
dynblock_rotation_model.png (64.45 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
dynblock_rotation.png
dynblock_rotation.png (200.45 KiB) Viewed 2185 times

sln8458 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:43 am
Inexplicable_Bill wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:01 pm
Read a post in English, reply in French.

Classic French arrogance.
That is uncalled for, if you have anything constructive to add please do so.

SteveN
EDITED: I am just now learning that this program is generated in multiple language UI, and questions generated may not have been translated. Mea culpa.
Ok, my constructive comment would be; If people ask a question in English on a world-wide website, the response should be fully in English so that everyone may benefit from the answer.
Architectural Building & Interior Designer, AutoCAD since 1995, ArchiCAD in 2007 then Revit since 2012 😎🤙🏼

CMS IntelliCAD 11.1.435.145443.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS111
Dell Optiplex Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Windows 11 Pro

Inexplicable_Bill wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:11 pm
sln8458 wrote:
Inexplicable_Bill wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:01 pm
Read a post in English, reply in French.

Classic French arrogance.

SteveN
EDITED: I am just now learning that this program is generated in multiple language UI, and questions generated may not have been translated. Mea culpa.
Ok, my constructive comment would be; If people ask a question in English on a world-wide website, the response should be fully in English so that everyone may benefit from the answer.
Yes may be but what you don't know is Wim is from Belgique where you speak French and/or Flemish.
I answer to him in french because he can understand clearer may be......
And about arrogance, is'nt it you?
Patrick Depoix

SPirou4D wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:02 am
Inexplicable_Bill wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:11 pm
sln8458 wrote:

SteveN
Yes may be but what you don't know is Wim is from Belgique where you speak French and/or Flemish.
I answer to him in french because he can understand clearer may be......
And about arrogance, is'nt it you?
That is fair. I apologize. At the time I was - and still am - very frustrated by this program as I feel it's not even close to being an Architect's CAD program. I lashed out at you and that was not fair.

Ironically, I am 1/4 French from each of my parents. Pardon moi, s'il vous plait.
Architectural Building & Interior Designer, AutoCAD since 1995, ArchiCAD in 2007 then Revit since 2012 😎🤙🏼

That is fair. I apologize. At the time I was - and still am - very frustrated by this program as I feel it's not even close to being an Architect's CAD program. I lashed out at you and that was not fair.

Ironically, I am 1/4 French from each of my parents. Pardon moi, s'il vous plait.
👍
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

Inexplicable_Bill wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:39 pm
No problem you are welcome here.... It's from the past ! I have 60 year old and it's not important for me.

IntelliCAD is near of AutoCAD but lighten different because some features are not yet coded.
And the 3D functions are many but not clear.... I agree with you remark. When I start to use it I didn't understand all functions but now I translate in french
everything becomes clearer but I realize that many functions are still missing....
But IntelliCAD is a good tool as drawing table. I don't work in 3D with it.

For 3D I prefer Blender+LuxCoreRender. I saw you use Revit; it's certainly better for 3D.
Patrick Depoix

SPirou4D wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:40 am
Inexplicable_Bill wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:39 pm
No problem you are welcome here.... It's from the past ! I have 60 year old and it's not important for me.

IntelliCAD is near of AutoCAD but lighten different because some features are not yet coded.
And the 3D functions are many but not clear.... I agree with you remark. When I start to use it I didn't understand all functions but now I translate in french
everything becomes clearer but I realize that many functions are still missing....
But IntelliCAD is a good tool as drawing table. I don't work in 3D with it.

For 3D I prefer Blender+LuxCoreRender. I saw you use Revit; it's certainly better for 3D.
I'm not far behind you at 57, Patrick. 😉

I agree that IntelliCAD is a good tool to work with, but I think they shouldn't be marketing it so heavily as software for 3D building and interior space models as their graphics and videos on YouTube show a lot of. I've been struggling to figure out how to use this program since I bought it 2 months ago, and I'm behind on my deadline trying to get a pricing package to contractors.

sln8458 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:49 am
To quote a song from the 'Shangri-Las'
At 65 I'm the Leader of the Pack.!!
So there IS hope that I'll still have half a brain when I (God willing) reach that age. This career has been trying to kill me for decades! 😜