3D OBject height change - video tutorial 3D drawing basics ?

I am new to 3D drawing and new to CMS Intellicad.

How does one change the height of a ciliinder after that it has been drawn?
For a cube one can grab one of the points and extend, but for a cilinder that is divided into 16 sections that seems not possible.
I was also looking in the properties tab if there is a height value, but I didn't find it.

In that respect, I was also looking voor de basic 3D drawing video that is specific for CMS Intellicad.

Thanks.

Re: 3D OBject height change - video tutorial 3D drawing basics ?

Bonjour cher voisin belge,
Je comprends ce que tu voulais dire, tu as certainement expérimenté un maillage 3D de cylindre, qui ne peut être modifié qu'avec l'outil mise à l'échelle.
Mais on ne peut pas mettre à l'échelle sur une seule dimension par exemple Z pour la hauteur. Pour modifier une hauteur, il faudra que tu modifies la hauteur de chaque point du maillage, c'est très fastidieux.
Dans le menu Propriété, il y a la cellule GEOMETRIE > Sommet pour choisir le point et ensuite il faut changer le sommet Z pour chaque point.
En fait un maillage est une liste de points. Il n'existe pas en tant que volume comme le Solide 3D.

Je te signale que j'ai traduit l'interface d'IntelliCAD en français, c'est ici :
viewtopic.php?t=3289&sid=53fa55628f8d67 ... 99ed9e7e89

A très bientôt.
Patrick qui vit à 50m de la frontière belge à Fromelennes.
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture

Bonjour cher voisin Français ;-) ,

Je suis Gantois (alors Néerlandophone), et comme la Belgique n'est pas grande, aussi proche de la frontière.
Merci pour votre rérponse. En effet, c'est comme vous avez décrit, j'ai utilisé un maillage.
Ce problème est résolu entretemps... encore beaucoup de choses à deviner.

Merci encore, je suis agréablement surpris du support sur le forum.

Wim (le prénom Néerlandais pour Guillaume).

Hello dear Belgian neighbor,
I understand what you meant, you have certainly experimented with a 3D cylinder mesh, which can only be modified with the scale tool.
But we cannot scale on a single dimension for example Z for height. To modify a height, you will have to modify the height of each point of the mesh, it is very tedious.
In the Property menu, there is the GEOMETRY > Vertex cell to choose the point and then you have to change the vertex Z for each point.
In fact, a mesh is a list of points. It does not exist as a volume like the 3D Solid.

I would like to point out that I translated the IntelliCAD interface into French, it's here:
viewtopic.php?t=3289&sid=53fa55628f8d67 ... 99ed9e7e89

See you soon.
Patrick who lives 50m from the Belgian border in Fromelennes.
​Look up details