Re: Turning off advanced grips

Hi

If you open 'System Variable Manager' (under TOOLS)
type GRIP into the FILTER (top left corner)
select GRIPS

Determines the use of grips on selected entities.
Type: Integer
Saved: In the registry
Range: 0 (Grips don't display), 1 (Grips display), 2 (Enables additional midpoint grips on polyline segments)
Default: 2

Now you can set the grips how you prefer to work.

SteveN

Hi,
Thank you, but I would like to turn off only the advanced grips (you can rotate or move closed polylines with those). As the help says "These grips can be helpful for schematic drawings where precise scale or sizing is not required."
I only create precise engineering drawings, and those advanced grips are disturbing me during work, I never use them.
For example the advanced grips can be turned off with the GRIPBLOCK variable on blocks, but I cannot find a variable for closed polylines.
The variable you mentioned also turns off the midpoint grips of polylines not just the advanced grips, but the midpoint grips are very useful in some cases, so I do not want to turn them off.
So, briefly there are variables for blocks (GRIPBLOCK), for groups (GROUPDISPLAYMODE), but I need an option to turn off the advanced grips for closed polylines too.
Or why is not there an option to turn off all the advanced grips globally? This software is not Photoshop, I do not want to drag and drop objects, and I do not need "advanced" grips for this very rare purpose on the display, because they are just disturbing me.

QuanNguyen wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:07 am
Hi,
Here's the result as Steven suggests (GRIPS=1).
Grips_1.png
No, it is not. As I replied to Steven:
Zsolt007 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:18 am
Hi,
Yes, I did.
I quote myself:
"The variable you mentioned also turns off the midpoint grips of polylines not just the advanced grips, but the midpoint grips are very useful in some cases, so I do not want to turn them off."
Please see the comments above.

As you say you can't with IntelliCAD !
OR transform your rectangles to polylines
Capture_003.jpeg
Capture_003.jpeg (17.82 KiB) Viewed 29856 times
EDIT: Ha YES I saw what you explain, even orthogonal polylines show the center + the center of rotation !
My capture is not correct because this polyline is a litle fake and don't show these grips !

If the marks are annoying for reading the selection, you can change the size of the grips with the GRIPSIZE system variable
The default is 5 !
IntelliCAD can't! Desoled....
Last edited by SPirou4D on Tue May 02, 2023 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture