How to turn off snap tooltips when working with selected entity

I cannot seem to find a way to stop the tooltips from appearing when I try to move the vertexes on a polyline (as an example). I'd love to post an image, but I don't have time to put my image in a URL so I can post it here. Basically, to repeat my issue, just draw a multi-vertex polyline, select the polyline, Hover over the vertex snap box/marker, and you will see (or not see if it can be turned off) a tooltip with "Stretch," "Add Vertex," and "Remove Vertex" options. I can see where this might be handy in some situations, but in my situation it is distracting and causes erratic behavior because the cursor is "sticking" to vertex while the tooltip is active. I have to either move away from the vertex or hit the escape key to take my cursor back. I'm sure it's a simple setting but I cannot find the setting nor have I seen anything in the forum about it. I've searched the help menu to no avail. In options, under the "Snapping" tab, I have "Show snap setting on cursor" unchecked. In the same tab, under the "Snap Cursor" section I have "Display tooltips" unchecked. I don't know what else to do. Help please, this is driving me crazy!

Re: How to turn off snap tooltips when working with selected entity

I finally found it. Thanks for your reply. It helped me to not give up hope.

The solution is (if you're using ribbons Options might be accessed from somewhere else) Tools > Options > Display at the bottom under Optional Menus uncheck Display grip menus. I had forgotten that the little boxes you get when you select entities were called "Grips."

I hope this helps anyone else looking for a similar solution.