3D Object Snap/Stretch

Hi All,

I've recently migrated from ACAD to IntelliCAD PE Plus and have been enjoying it's capabilities thus far. Most of my time is spent creating solid objects in 3D views. My only issue I've had is stretching a solid using the object grips.

For instance, say I have 2 objects side by side. One object is twice as tall/wide than the other and I want to extend the height of the smaller object to match the larger one. Using the object grips on the smaller object I stretch it and select the top corner (or top mid point) snap of the larger object. The issue is that, when I do so, the smaller object doesn't match the same size, depending on which snap I stretch to, the smaller object is either still too short, or too long.

Is there a setting which I'm missing? Coming from ACAD, this was a common method I used to extend an object to match another object quickly, and I'm hoping IntelliCAD can do the same, and I'm just overlooking something simple!

Cheers

Ryan

Re: 3D Object Snap/Stretch

Hi Ryan,

Next time try:

Select smaller cuboid/highlight grips.
Select the solid triangle (say the top)
On the command line, type B (base point)
Select appropriate grip on smaller cuboid, then snap to the appropriate grip for the destination.
Basically a 'relative scale'

HTH
SteveN

I will be clearer :
Select your small cube
Choose SCALE
Click your base point
Write BA for "base scale" in the command line + Enter.
And click the base to the top of your small cube.
And then click the top of the higher cube.
Et voilà!
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture

MiniMadRyan wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:17 am
Thank you to both of you, both solutions work very well! A little different than what I'm used to, but still easy to adjust too! Love how easy it's been to make the transition!
Thks Ryan, you are welcome ! At soon....
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture

Hi All,

Wanted to post another quick update/question regarding object stretching. When using the grips to stretch/resize an object, if I try to undo the stretch using the usual ctrl+z, it doesn't work. It seems it tracks any other changes made and lets me undo those, just not if I've resized an object using the grips. Is there something I've missed, or a setting that will track these and allow me to undo them as well?

Cheers

Ryan

SPirou4D wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 10:30 am
No problem at home ! Historic run perfectly even after several changes !
Interesting. Tried again on a new drawing with a simple 3d box. Used the stretch command to extend the width of the box from the center grip. Using Ctrl+Z, instead of going back to the previous size, it goes back to prior to the box being created. In the undo command list, it shows GRIP EDIT event is there, but clicking it does nothing. Very weird.