GEO Units/ Scale (11.1.374.142274.PE.VC16.x64.CMS111)

I'm having trouble with the GEO command working at the correct scale. My Units are set to engineering (base unit inch). When I run the GEO command, the Map inserts at 1/12 scale. eg 1 map unit = 1 foot.
I've tried changing the insertion scale (undefined, inches, feet, international survey feet) on the UNITS command, but that doesn't seem to make any different to the GEO command. I've tried a bunch of different coordinate systems, but there isn't an "inch" coordinate system to my knowledge. Using a meter coordinate system rather than a foot version, makes it even worse.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to scale the map or even the Captured Area. I don't think you can explode the captured area into a normal image either.

Only workaround I can envision is to use an XREF of the georeference at scale...and I for sure don't want to work in decimal feet for my architecture elements!

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Gregg Short P.E.
Attachments
Units-Screenshot.png
Units-Screenshot.png (31.06 KiB) Viewed 1370 times

Re: GEO Units/ Scale (11.1.374.142274.PE.VC16.x64.CMS111)

Hi OneTallShort,

I use this GEO command but all geomap's references are in meter !
You must open a metric file with metric template and use GEO and import your geographic map image.

Save your file.
And then transform your metric file in imperial units with Format >Drawing units...to work on your file in engineery units.
Last edited by SPirou4D on Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture

SPirou4D,

Can you elaborate on the "And then transform your metric file in imperial units with Format >Drawing units...to work on your file in ingeniery units."?
I'm not seeing this Format>Drawing units command.
Are you suggesting that you just change the UNIT screen? My past (AutoCad) experience is that I would need to first run a SCALE command at a reference of 25.4/1 to change the base value of "1" length from metric(mm) to inches (and then change UNITS)...(or meters->inch) but the GEO entities don't appear to be selectable to run the scale command against.

Right now, using a Foot based coordinate system, it brings the map in with 1 length unit = 1 foot rather than 1 length unit = 1 inch which is what I desire.

I will also note that the AutoCAD GEO command offers a drawing unit drop down that handles this from the Coordinate system selection screen.
This interface option seems to be missing from the Intelicad command structure
AcadGEO-CoordinateSelection.png
AcadGEO-CoordinateSelection.png (145.41 KiB) Viewed 1270 times

Sorry I don't use imperial units, I am french ;
>>but the GEO entities don't appear to be selectable to run the scale command against.
yes I found that thanks to you. I did not know!
=======================================================================================================
I think a lot about your problem and I found this tip :
Make a metric dwg with your Geomap. Save and close this file.
Make a second dwg but with imperial units (Format menu > drawing unit engineery units and insertion scale to inch.
and check the box : match insertion units to drawing unit change
capture_051.jpg
capture_051.jpg (62.39 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
-
-
Insert your first dwg file as External reference in your second dwg file (insertion > External references).
Last edited by SPirou4D on Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture