Want to make that in IntelliCAD. How please?

Merge and correct surfaces
========================
Procedural surface fusion
Thanks to the "Merge" tool, it is possible to create a surface between 2 other surfaces. This method involves selecting the edges of each object that will form the blend surface. To better understand what I'm talking about, below is a small illustration of all this. ^^
362000_361920.png
362000_361920.png (2.11 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
User picture

First the top surface was created with the "Rectangle", "Circle" and "Smooth (Loft)" tools. The one below with the "Circle" and "Smooth (Loft)" tools. Make the same drawing on your side to do this exercise with me.

Go to the "Sub-object" function group of the "Home" tab and choose the "Edge" filter. A small blue cube with the upper front edge a little thicker than the others appears near your cursor. This means that you will only select the edges of your objects. Return to the "Surface" tab and click on "Merge". Select the inner edges of the upper surface (4 edges), validate with Enter and then select the inner edge of the lower surface. Press 2x times Enter.
62000_361921.png
62000_361921.png (26.04 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
User picture

Here is the result of the merge. AutoCAD created a third surface between the other 2 based on the edges of the 2 objects.
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture

Re: Want to make that in IntelliCAD. How please?

I used it to make the two top and bottom but then I can't use Loft with the result on surface.
It's easy between 2 circles but here top and bottom are merged with the trunk.
It's why I tell my question.... Thks for your reply.
AutoCAD or IntelliCAd are not very clear about 3D functions. I use a lot Blender to construct building in 3D and it's very easy!

Why all kind of difference between Mesh, Polyface, 3D Face , Surface, Planar Face, Procedural mesh, Polygone, 3DSolid, FacetModel, Nurbs?
And in plus the AutoCAD commands are not the same in IntelliCAD!!!!
Patrick Depoix

Like this?
Top is a solid rectangle, with a solid disc subtracted.
Bottom is a solid disc with a smaller disc subtracted.

Cone shape is a closed polyline, fillet radii, 'revolved' about the centre axis

For me, one of the biggest drawbacks with Icad is the help files a written by people who 'know' the software. So they write based on that knowledge.

eg, what do they mean by 'cross section' in the help files for the loft command and loft settings??
Steve

Yu're right Steve your proposal answer is interesting but you use the Revolve tool wiyh a face and not the Loft !
But you have created 3DSolid, I havn't try this idea. Thks

Yes the help files are not very clear when you have a lot of choice!
"Written by people who 'know' the software" they don't explain their choice, it's very confused.
'cross section' for me it's a section that pass along the revolving axe but for them cross section is a section perpendicular the axe, I mean???

Thks a lot for your idea.....I will try Solids.
Last edited by SPirou4D on Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick Depoix

Hum In french I mean but I can't verify now because I work on my linux. I will see later....

I have problem with Window10, I want grow my win partition but Gparted on linux said me one sector of my disk is corrupted.
I make chkdsk /f /r several time but Gparted don't want grow my partition !!!

I will use my Win10 installer USB and use the Windows partitionner may be.... or AOMEI on usb.
Patrick Depoix

Yu're right Steve my help is in english....
Do you may be know how I can translate .chm file in french ?
I go to search an app to read/write this kind of file.....

EDIT 1: I use CALIBRE application to convert in htmlz (decompress with 7Zip then) et re-export in CHM after my translated job too....

EDIT 2: I am beginning to translate the IntelliCAD's help in french now....
A lot of job !!!!

EDIT 3: Pour les utilisateurs français d'IntelliCAD, bientôt l'aide (.chm) en français.... je bosse dessus à fond !
Patrick Depoix

Steve, it's much better when you translate the explanations into your natural language!
I'm tidying up my understanding of the software and it's going much better!

Even I translated and customzed my UI because in French, IntelliCAD isn't all ended.
Happy weekend!
Patrick, it's my name.

I am Architect designer and Historian of architecture at the University of Lille (France). I am 58 years old.
Patrick Depoix