Block editor thaws layers

The block editor thaws all of the layers that have entities in the block being edited, this is very annoying because for example, I use construction layers in my blocks and I don't want to see them [among other layers] unless I need to. So I wonder if there's a setting or SYSVAR that I can change?
Thanks for any ideas.
-=(RH)=-
33+ years using Autocad, wanting to fully learn iCad and share my knowledge of applicable crossover info from Acad.
-=(RLH)=-

Re: Block editor thaws layers

I'm confused here!!

You have a block with entities on a frozen layer, you want to edit the block. So how does the system know that you do not intend to modify the entities on the frozen layer???

Seems logical to me that any frozen layers referenced in the block would be thawed, if not they would not be included in the newblock definition as they can't be selected due to being frozen.

SteveN

Re: Block editor thaws layers

I would rather have the choice to thaw them if I need to edit them. I know they exist, I don't need to see them. It's equal to if every time you open a drawing , it thaws all the layers just in case you intend to modify entities on them, not logical at all to me. I guess I am used to 30+ years of Autocad which did not thaw them.
Not a big deal, just an annoyance.
~R~
sln8458 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:01 am
I'm confused here!!

You have a block with entities on a frozen layer, you want to edit the block. So how does the system know that you do not intend to modify the entities on the frozen layer???

Seems logical to me that any frozen layers referenced in the block would be thawed, if not they would not be included in the newblock definition as they can't be selected due to being frozen.

SteveN
33+ years using Autocad, wanting to fully learn iCad and share my knowledge of applicable crossover info from Acad.
-=(RLH)=-