How to Import STEP file

I am new to Intellicad. I just bought and installed ver CMS IntelliCAD 10.1 PE Plus. I can not find anything in the Helpfiles that tells me how to import a STEP file and the there isn't an option in the menu to filter on .stp file. So, how do I import a.stp file?

Re: How to Import STEP file

sln8458 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:06 am
Hi Martin,

top left of your screen, select 'File', followed by 'import'. (about 5 down)
Then select the file type to import.

SteveN
Thanks for telling me where it should be. I double checked and now I realize that I bought the non PLUS version, that's why I am not seeing the import option for STP. I feel stupid now. But thank you for your reply, that made me double check my exact version. I will now upgrade to the PLUS version.

Re: How to Import STEP file

Hi QuanNguyen,

Thanks for the link, it helped me quite a bit.
The importation was very quick, so that I actually noticed the message in the bottom right of the screen, similar to an updated xref.

My first step import was of a file 102Mb, which took quite some time to the point I worked on something else. Then I was not looking when the additional message appeared to complete the import process.

So my first import actually failed as I didn't see the second prompt to complete the import process, USER ERROR.

Thanks for the link, it helped far more that I expected! :)

SteveN