Re: Nested Refex Problems

OK, XREF's

This is a feature I use alot!
I have nested XREFs, many layers deep,

I can open existing drawings with nested xrefs with no issue as your description.
I am currently running version 10.0.1462.118177.PE+.VC15.x64.CMS100a (I've gone back a couple of versions tracing a different issue.)

All working fine atm.

HTH
Steve

My version is the same.

But when I goto nested they cause crash.

When I try to bind them ... causa crash when they are nested.

I have "cleaned" DWGs, purged, recovered, ... everything.

Every time I try to audit shows me a handle that is causing some problem ... but I can´t identify the entities.

When files arq not nested is more simple.

Keep looking for solution

I have come across an issue with XREFS similar to the OP.

In version 10, I modified a file to delete an XREF as it was to be redesigned.
When opening an assembly higher up the design tree, the deleted XREF was still showing.
(NOTE: THE TREE DISPLAY WITHIN THE XREF DIALOGUE DOES NOT WORK)

I have been unable to delete the sub-assemble XREF from the parent assembly, any attempt to delete/unload causes the program to crash.
If I try to freeze the layer for the XREF the program crashes.

If I open the parent assembly in version 9.0 the problem XREF file does not appear in the XREF list. If this drawing is then saved and re-opened on version 10 all is now good in the world!!!

I keep a copy of version 7, and 9 available for just this type of situation as a 'get-out-of-jail-free' card (Monopoly :) )

SteveN

sln8458 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:04 am
I have come across an issue with XREFS similar to the OP.

In version 10, I modified a file to delete an XREF as it was to be redesigned.
When opening an assembly higher up the design tree, the deleted XREF was still showing.
(NOTE: THE TREE DISPLAY WITHIN THE XREF DIALOGUE DOES NOT WORK)

I have been unable to delete the sub-assemble XREF from the parent assembly, any attempt to delete/unload causes the program to crash.
If I try to freeze the layer for the XREF the program crashes.

If I open the parent assembly in version 9.0 the problem XREF file does not appear in the XREF list. If this drawing is then saved and re-opened on version 10 all is now good in the world!!!

I keep a copy of version 7, and 9 available for just this type of situation as a 'get-out-of-jail-free' card (Monopoly :) )

SteveN
Same problem when a try to FREEZE/THAW the layer where XREF was inserted, program crashes ...

Now I am 10.0.1572.123806.PE+.VC15.x64.CMS100a ... did not conclude all tests at this new compilation

DenisSilveira wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:15 am

Same problem when a try to FREEZE/THAW the layer where XREF was inserted, program crashes ...

Now I am 10.0.1572.123806.PE+.VC15.x64.CMS100a ... did not conclude all tests at this new compilation
Hi Dennis,
I've gone back to 10.0.1528 to get some form of stability with XREFs

SteveN

I have now got to the stage where work relating to XREF's has to be done in Version 9.

I can not turn layers on/off, freeze/thaw anything in a drawing relating to an attached XREF.

This is creating a huge amount of extra work/time to complete drawings, and this is NOT chargeable to the client so I'm loosing money.

I see that Version 10.1 has been release by the ITC, does this fix the problem???

SteveN

DenisSilveira wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:51 pm
Still have the same problem.

When using a only one nested refex, trying to bind first order XREF icad crashes.

It canit bind nested refex.

It can have many simple refex files, but anyone nested refex. It cousas crashes when opening ou binding, it's unstable.
Hi Denis,
Were you testing the beta 10.1a version just released by ITC?

SteveN