Upgrade confusion.

In the March 2003 newsletter, it was stated: "Everyone that purchases the PE version now will still get a free upgrade to CMS IntelliCAD Premium Edition (PE) Plus Version 4.0 without the extra cost."

"This", thinks I, "sounds like a Good Deal." I purchased the 3.3 PE the very next day (details of order already provided to etoolbox.com and available off-line on request).

The upgrade link I received this morning leads to a 4.0 PE (regular) download, *not* to 4.0 PE Plus as stated in the offer.

An oversight, I hope?

Hello,

You are right that the March newsletter stated a free upgrade to the PE Plus version. I will contact sales tomorrow to be sure that the date is corrected to allow for this upgrade. I will post when I get word that it has been corrected so that you may download your PE Plus.

Melodie

I guess I'll need to keep touching this topic occasionally to prevent it from falling out of sight.

To summarize: The March 2003 newsletter stated: "Everyone that purchases the PE version now will still get a free upgrade to CMS IntelliCAD Premium Edition (PE) Plus Version 4.0 without the extra cost."

To date, the offer made in this statement has NOT been fulfilled and there seems to be a severe lack of interest on the part of CMS in completing their part of the contract.

Well, there certainly doesn't seem to be any urgency on the part of CMS to correct this.

I'm sure that the readers of alt.cad.intellicad will be interested in this, especially the ones asking for advice on which vendor's IntelliCAD to buy.

I just received this email from CMS.
Here is part of it:

Final call for the free upgrade for customers who received an offer in past promotion to upgrade for free!
FREE UPGRADES
Any existing customer, who participated in previous promotions before April 14, 2003 and was promised FREE upgrades, may qualify for a FREE upgrade to CMS IntelliCAD 4. Please send an email to upgrade@etoolbox.com <mailto:upgrade@etoolbox.com>, and include the email address you used when you placed your order and the WEB Order number. We will verify the authenticity of your upgrade, and then send you instructions on how to download your new FREE upgrade. If you prefer a CD, there will be a $19.95 charge for media, shipping, and handling.

Yup. Thanks for posting that but I have already sent the info to the upgrade@ address more than once. The resulting "my upgrades" link following the instructions that come back from CMS only shows the V.4 PE version as the free upgrade, not the Plus edition.

All in all, this is very disappointing and unprofessional behavior on the part of CMS.