Intellicad 8.0 Issues

Hello,

Some of these may be "operator error" issues, so if that's the case, I apologize. Here is my list of things that I didn't experience in 7, that I'm now experiencing in 8. I'm hoping someone can clue me in on what I might need to do to resolve. I'm running Windows 8, 64 bit.

1) Text, especially from older releases, seems to be arbitrarily selectable. I need to exit Intellicad, then go back in to resolve.

2) Opening files from File Explorer. I can only seem to open one file at a time. Attempting to open multiple files while Intellicad is already open throws this message: "User Limit Exceeded! Please purchase additional licenses." Is there a command line within Intellicad to resolve this?

3) I had a pretty major issue when printing. For some reason, I could preview a drawing, and it would not show everything that was on the screen. After a great deal of time and frustration, I determined the cause might be related to resolution of the print. I increased the print resolution for the pdf's I was printing, and it worked. I only mention this in case someone else has a similar issue.

4) Mviews. Inserting multi views into a layout seems to produce text and dimension artifacts outside of the multi view. I had to break my drawings out into separate files (as xrefs) to resolve this, but needless to say, it shouldn't be happening.

Thanks guys, this is a great product. Please advise on anything that you see I might be doing incorrectly.

Follow Up

Hi All,

In regard to item #2, I was told by a tech that opening multiple files from file explorer isn't supported any longer!

This is bad bad bad. :) In the real world (tm) we open many files from different locations all the time. I probably open about 50 files a day from different folders. This makes the current method in version 8 (by opening files from Intellicad) very cumbersome.

PLEASE fix this. It worked great in v7, and not sure why someone had to mess it up.

Thank you for the feedback.

The Office blue UI and odd menu behavior may result from graphics card hibernation, or perhaps you may need to upgrade the graphics card driver.
It should look like this:
http://blog.intellicadms.com/.a/6a0120a ... 0e5970b-pi

About opening multiple drawings on multiple sessions , you can do that with CTRL+O while running a CMS IntelliCAD v8 session or, externally, by double clicking on each cad file located on opened Windows folders.
Our license software security does not allow users to run multiple icad.exe processes simultaneously that would allow MS Windows OS to run a single seat license on a multi-user environment. That's a EULA restriction.
But that does not limit you from opening multiple drawings simultaneously.

CMS Inc wrote:Thank you for the feedback.

About opening multiple drawings on multiple sessions , you can do that with CTRL+O while running a CMS IntelliCAD v8 session or, externally, by double clicking on each cad file located on opened Windows folders.
Our license software security does not allow users to run multiple icad.exe processes simultaneously that would allow MS Windows OS to run a single seat license on a multi-user environment. That's a EULA restriction.
But that does not limit you from opening multiple drawings simultaneously.
Not true. In v7 I could open multiple files within one exe. I have no desire to run multiple exes. In v8 I cannot double click a file in an open windows folder without getting an error about User Limit Exceeded. Please reread my original post. All I would like to do is open multiple files from file explorer, instead of within Intellicad. Is there a setting that I'm missing???

CMS IntelliCAD v7.x opened multiple drawings on the same icad.exe process as well. We have not stated the opposite.

CMS IntelliCAD 8 is also able to open multiple files from file explorer as also said previously. They're opened in the same icad.exe
You just need to review your Windows OS user settings and make sure that CMS IntelliCAD is the default application for your cad files.

On the other hand if you try to launch multiple sessions of icad.exe then it will be limited by the license.

CMS Inc wrote:...

CMS IntelliCAD 8 is also able to open multiple files from file explorer as also said previously. They're opened in the same icad.exe
You just need to review your Windows OS user settings and make sure that CMS IntelliCAD is the default application for your cad files.

I have reviewed my Windows OS user settings. Intellicad 8 premium IS the default application for .dwg files. I even set it up from scratch to make sure it was right. And yet, I can only open one dwg from file explorer to open icad.exe. So, here is the sequence, from a fresh Windows boot:
1) Open File Explorer, go to my folder and double click on a dwg. Intellicad opens fine.
2) Go back to File Explorer, go to another file in that folder, double click on it, and I get the following error: "User Limit Exceeded! Please purchase additional licenses."

I should be able to open the additional dwg from file explorer without getting that error. As I've said, I'm not trying to, nor wanting to, open a separate icad.exe process, but merely open it within the same process that's already open.
For reference, my machine is an Alienware laptop (I7 core), 64 bit, and runs Windows 8.1

Thanks for any help.

I have just installed a fresh 8.0 Premium, and it does not try to start a new ICAD session for each drawing I double-click in Windows Explorer. You must have a .DWG registration issue of some sort. See if it helps to right-click a .DWG and select "Open with" and "Choose Default Program." Select your ICAD program from that interface to update Windows' registration of .DWG files.

Hope this helps.

If not, I would suggest you export your profile if you have a lot of customization, then uninstall CMS 8. After uninstall, check your registry for IntelliCAD items & REMOVE any IntelliCAD branches you discover before re-installing the program. Test immediately before re-importing your saved profile, in case your profile has something in it that causes the behavior to re-occur.