Cannot Pan based on a distance

I'm hoping someone can help with this issue.

When I initiate the Pan command, I attempt to pan based on entering a distance, (e.g., 50'). In AutoCad and ProgeCAD I could pan the drawing in this manner and the drawing view would pan based on the distance I entered. For example:
1) Type "-Pan" + Enter
2) Select starting point (Left click mouse)
3) Drag line in the direction I want the Pan to occur. (The length of the line doesn't matter)
4) Type in the distance + Enter (e.g., 50' + Enter)
5) The drawing should pan the entered distance and in the direction the line was drawn.

However in IntelliCAD, when I attempt this, the drawing pans to some far away zoom view, as if I was zooming in tightly to some place far away from any drawing element.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Re: Cannot Pan based on a distance

Thank you for your help. I gave your method a try and it worked, kind of. When I entered @-50,0 (or @50,0) it pans, but only what appears to be approx 5 feet. Not exactly 5 feet, but close. So then I tried @100,0 and it panned approx. 8 feet. Still not what I could do in ACAD, but a whole lot better than before.

Sounds like there is a mix of units in your setup somehow??

For ref I'm using Icad version: 10.0.1491.119529.PE+.VC15.x64.CMS100a

I just added a vertical line to a new drawing, copied that line @7500,0,0 and then changed the new line colour to red.
Zoomed in to the first line and then panned (-pan) @-7500 and the red line appeared ctr of my screen.

I can only suggest you check all of your units setup.
Sorry
Steve
PS, just a thought but have you tried a pure metric setup for a test of this issue?

M2OS wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:47 pm
Thank you for your help. I gave your method a try and it worked, kind of. When I entered @-50,0 (or @50,0) it pans, but only what appears to be approx 5 feet. Not exactly 5 feet, but close. So then I tried @100,0 and it panned approx. 8 feet. Still not what I could do in ACAD, but a whole lot better than before.
Just had a thought, feet/inches!!
5ft = 60 inches
8ft = 96inches

Are you panning in inches not feet??

Steve

Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate the time you're spending.

A couple of things:

1) Units are set to Architectural, Insertion scale = Inches. (No difference when changing scale to feet).
2) I am using version 9.1.434.0.PE.VC15.x64.RF91
3) I entered inches as you suggested and it worked! Figured out how to pan both X and Z axis.

So I'm there, but in a bit of a cumbersome way. What I like about ACAD and ProgeCAD is all I had to do (after entering the -Pan command) was to use my mouse to dictate the direction I wanted to move. Very efficient. Your solution requires indicating via keyboard, the X or Z axis and multiplying desired feet x 12. It's not the end of the world and is better than not having the ability at all. But I wish I could get the ACAD way to work.

Regardless, Thank You again for your generous time!

-Most appreciative