Re: Is there a way to add and edit styles for walls, windows, roof slabs, and other AEC object types?

Forgive me here, not my discipline, but
When I draw a curtain wall, in a 3D view, I select the 2 end points. The height & thickness is pre-defined, but I can change these + much more via properties.
Now as complete novice it works for me, but I can see that for someone with more experience aving a dialog that allows the user to define all of the changeable settings would be more helpful than editing after the event. so to speak.

SteveN

Re: Is there a way to add and edit styles for walls, windows, roof slabs, and other AEC object types?

marianovel wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:10 pm
Is there a way to add and edit styles for walls, windows, roof slabs, and other AEC object types?
As I know of IntelliCAD, you can explode the AEC entities with right click on contextuel menu choose Xplode !
You obtain all polyfaces of the EAC entity.
Then you can change each polyfaces with the move command BUT you lost the AEC properties.
You can add polyface in "Draw in 3D" ribbon panel (in 3D Mesh)

TIP :Then you select all polyfaces and right click and choose Group fast. So the entity is now moveable as one 3D solid

Tip 2 : Use convert to Facet Model in Draw in 3D panel in Ribbon. > your polyfaces mesh is converted in Facet model faces.
So now use Add in boolean operations with Facet model panel to convert in ONE FM entitie .
Now you have one object as AEC entitie but without access to the properties
Look here if you need to saw clearly in 3D : viewtopic.php?p=10843&sid=375e0a7345970 ... fad#p10843

and/or you can create a block with it
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture