Interface

I thought that Icad could be setup with an AutoCad interface, I'm not finding the switch for that. Could you point me in the right direction. I trained on AutoCad and it would be much easier for me to use Icad that way.

------------------
Peace, Michel

I thought thot the interface could have the command format that looked like 2000. The menu for picking Enitity/Window/Crossing is really cumbersome and I prefer AutoCads. I had seen another Icad set that way before deciding to look at Intellicad 2001.

------------------
Peace, Michel

I thought thot the interface could have the command format that looked like 2000. The menu for picking Enitity/Window/Crossing is really cumbersome and I prefer AutoCads. I had seen another Icad set that way before deciding to look at Intellicad 2001.

------------------
Peace, Michel

You will have to rephrase, sorry. I really am trying to understand what you are having trouble with, but none of the terms you use make much sense to me. What does "command format that looked like 2000" mean? What is command format and what is 2000?. I also don't understand what "menu for picking Enitity/Window/Crossing" means. I have not seen such a menu (and what would it be good for).
I suspect this is just a confusion of terms and that what you want to do is straightforward. Virtually all aspects of Intellicad are customizable, except fixed dialog boxes.

Hi Michel,

You cam configure your Intellicad to be very similar to Autocad, but it will take you some time. I'd rather choose the basic itens and try to get used to the rest. After all, the Intellicad interface is very useful in many points.

In Autocad, you use the comand line in a window, Intellicad does not need this. You can switch it on (or off) with the <F3> key. You may define size and dock it on the lower part of the grafic screen or anywhere you want.
To define the command prompt, use (setvar "cmdlntext" "Command: ") in the command line or in your ICAD.LSP
You can easily change the pull down menu, using "customize" in the menu tab.
If you are using the keyboard for command entry, check the "Aliases" tab in the "customize" dialog box.
But, once you get used to toolbars, probably there will not be any need for all these options.

Hope this leps you a little,

Michael Röck

What I specifically want to get rid of is the window that pops up with options for in putting data like an lines. The whole rubber band thing after picking follow is disconsorting.

------------------
Peace, Michel