creating profile crashes program

Well after deciding to upgrade to the latest version, I'm not getting on very well.

I have 2 profiles in version 7 that I switch between as I need to. Works well, no issues.

Purchased version 8.1 this morning and installed, First task was to create the profiles, I tried exporting from 7 and importing, that failed (assumed to be incompatible from the older version to the new version)

So decided to create new profiles from scratch, Oh dear, bad move.

Created a 2D profile with ribbon off
toolbars:
standard/view/inquiry/text/entity properties/draw/modify/dims/snaps.
command line locked to btm of screen.
A simple profile.
toggling between default and 2D displays the same layout (as per my 2D profile)
exited the profile dialogue crashes the program. NO commands now work
Close/Exit/red cross top left all fail to close the program and reports errors.

I needed to use task manager to close the program!
Tried again, opened the program and found my 2D profile had been saved, so tried to create a 3D profile.
same procedure, opened the toolbars I use etc close profile dialogue and....system crashed again!

After trying 5 or 6 times to get this to work I finished up uninstalling and trying again.

Well that failed just like the first time.

So decided to try uninstall, clean registry (CCcleaner) shutdown/restart and then re-install, that also failed!

When I have managed to create the 2 new profiles, switching between any has no effect, which ever is the last profile to be created appears to be saved (or not) to all profiles. Alternatively nothing is saved to the profiles and all there is is a 'current' either way it's not working.

sent too many error reports, see if I get any response.

I upgraded because I found version 7 to be 'fragile' when working with 3D models with multiple Xrefs

I've given up with version 8.1 until I hear back from support.

PC spec: win 10/64bit/I5 4590CPU 3.3GHz/16GB/Nvidia GeForce GTX9602GB

As a side issue I noticed that Intellicad will not maximize to fill the available screen size. Almost but not quite.

SteveN

I have just downloaded and installed 'ProgeCAD 2017' (another Intellicad provider/reseller) and they have the same problem with 'profiles' not being saved individually, but their program does not crash.
Seems to me like there is a problem either with my PC (only 2 months old) or there is a problem in the core code/program from ITC (my belief)

SteveN

Further update.

Today I tried the trial version I downloaded a few months back on an old PC, I entered my 2nd license no. to activate that installation.
(PC spec - win7 ultimate64bit sp1/intel core 2 quad q8300 @2.5/4gbram/Nvidia geforce GT520)

When I trialed the version 8 on that PC I didn't bother with setting profiles as I was more interested in the 3D functionality as that was where I was having issues with version 7.

I digress.

I set two profiles again, same as before.....same results, what ever the last profile is configure to, ALL profiles show that setup when activated. On exiting profile config program crashes.
Repeated 3 times! Only way to exit is via task manager.

I have yet to attempt importing my array of customer specific toolbars, but even if the import works I cannot configure the profile for that customer.
This was something that worked very well in version 7 ("Version"="7.1.1596.0")

SteveN