Automatically load lisp at startup

Autocad can automatically load lisp at startup by either autoload/startup suite in the appload area or by an mnl file that loads when a menu is loaded.
1. I want to "autoload" some lisp into intellicad v6.4pe at startup.

ALSO:
2. Intellicad does not recognize fas files does it?
3. Where do I put script files to run them? I have some from autocad 2004. Intellicad can not seem to find them when I put them in a search folder.

stevedallas,

Answer 1
IntelliCAD automatically loads Lisp the same way AutoCAD does.

The only thing different is that IntelliCAD does not create icad.lsp and you have to create the file and save it where the icad.exe resides. IntelliCAD will read icad.lsp on start-up so you can use (load "??????") and set whatever variables you want.

Answer 2
A .fas file is a compiled visual lisp file and IntelliCAD cannot read these.

Answer 3
On the Tools-->Options pull down menu select the Path/Files tab.
Select Location next to Drawings then browse to the folder location of your scripts.
Then you can run your scripts using lisp (command "script" "??????.scr")
I have recorded a script, created a folder, pointed my Drawings to the folder and ran the script using the lisp above in version 6.4.

I suppose another way would be to use the full path in lisp i.e. (command "script" "C:/My Folder/My Folder2/??????.scr") notice the forward slashes used to delineate between folders as lisp in CAD was used on Unix and backslashes have a different meaning so forward slashes are used in lisp. I didn’t test this - oh alright I will - hold on..................... I deleted the path in Drawings and ran a script ok - I shouldn't have doubted myself! :D

Script file

John, I would like to have a script file that will load in a list of Intellicad files
into the drawing editor, and then save them back as AutoCad 2000 files.
As of now I have to do them manually, one by one.
Can this be done? and if so could you give me some pointers as to how to write this script file?

Thanks
BJ

BJ,

Do you have the professional version of IntelliCAD as we can do this very easily in VBA.

Scrips are like macros (without the program capability) that follow a series of keystrokes and from what I understand you want to select a folder with drawings in it and save these as ACAD 2000 drawings without user intervention.

Scrips and Lisp don't have file access to the Windows Folders however; certain advanced add-on Lisp functions have file access functions.

Forgot to add

I have different folders for different jobs and what I do now is pick a drawing from that folder and open it, then save it back in the same folder, same drawing name, only as version acad 2000.

My customer has acad, and the problem I am having is that after I go through all the drawings, one by one, and convert them to acad 2000, I find that I have to go back and rework on some of them for some reason or the other before sending them to my customer. Sometimes I forget which ones I worked on, or if I saved them back as acad 2000, so I have to repeat the process all over again. I would like to maintain a running list of my drawings for a job, in either a separate text file, or in the script file itself, that I can run automatically.

BJ

BJ,

How about we move this to the VBA forum.

I have started a new thread Converting Drawings to a Different Format.