Noobies would need guides, course and tutorials!

Hi,

I just got the IntelliCAD 12.0 Premium Plus. I have bought a house this year and I want to documente all the renovation I'm doing.

I worked a lot in Sketchup, FreeCAD, Fusion360 and even a little bit of Blender. But they all sucks when it come to precise construction plan (it is not there purpose!).
It is the first time I'm using this kind of software and after playing around during the chrismas break, I found hard to do some basic thing. Placing a line at the distance of another point is not always easy! To give you an idea, I cannot work with negative number with the command "_from". The rest of the time, I'm always activating/deactivating the snap entity so the line don't go stick to an "endpoint" or somewhere else funny.

I did some Autocad tutorial, but some feature looks like is not implemented the same way. I'm thinking about the "extend" in snap entity. I feel like I missing some basic knowledge. I read the documentation about all the command and the user guide, but there are not as complete as a beginner would need.

I would like to know if there are good tutorials or courses available or known by the community that would help me learn the basic of the software.

I attach my lasted worked I have done, to show that I can work, but I'm not efficient!

Thank you all for your help, I am looking forward to reading you!
CMS INTELLICAD 12.0.1139.149682.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS120

i7-7700HQ / 16gb-2400 - NVIDIA Quadro M620 2Gb Windows 10 Pro
Attachments
Capture_2.jpg
Capture_2.jpg (106.26 KiB) Viewed 5577 times

Re: Noobies would need guides, course and tutorials!

JohnnyHousing wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:54 am
ah, my message was too long. I understand

The most important thing is the base so: do you have a good course, tutorial or book to recommend for a beginner?

Thank you for you help!
No book/tutorial.... just 40+ years working with CAD.
I used to teach in one of my past jobs, but nolonger, disscarded all my material.
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

sln8458 wrote:
No book/tutorial.... just 40+ years working with CAD.
I used to teach in one of my past jobs, but nolonger, disscarded all my material.
[/quote]

Well, my friends in Civil Engineering are telling me the same thing (sure, without the 40+ years of experience, because we are less then 30 years). "yeah, I learn it on the run, so I cannot help you much more"

I did some better digging and for this Webinar/Course on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEIQRgc ... zv&pp=iAQB

I will try to keep this post update with my finding. I find this forum miss an updated list of tutorial/course. I hope it will help someone else in the future!

My goal with this software is to do an impresive set of plans of my house (electrical, frame, mechanical) including all usefull elevations. I want all the wall, know exactly where every stud are. Sure, I will create those plans over the year.

Right now, I have difficulty to understand how to use the "extend snap point". I try to start a line 2" (in y) from the middle of another line. I write (@ 0", 2") but the line start at the lastpoint instead of the point that I'm currently highlighting (in this case The midpoint).

What am I doing wrong?
Capture d’écran (2).png
Capture d’écran (2).png (58.46 KiB) Viewed 3939 times

JohnnyHousing wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:01 pm
My goal with this software is to do an impresive set of plans of my house (electrical, frame, mechanical) including all usefull elevations. I want all the wall, know exactly where every stud are. Sure, I will create those plans over the year.

Right now, I have difficulty to understand how to use the "extend snap point". I try to start a line 2" (in y) from the middle of another line. I write (@ 0", 2") but the line start at the lastpoint instead of the point that I'm currently highlighting (in this case The midpoint).

What am I doing wrong?

Capture d’écran (2).png
Try to turn off the DYNMODE variable system.
Refer this: viewtopic.php?p=6780&sid=bd1218ba62b5e6 ... f87a#p6780

JohnnyHousing wrote: 1330 views and no answer. Look like a lot of people as the same question as me!
I'll contribute what I can. I consider myself new in CAD. Things I did that have made learning less painful.

1. Turn off the DYNMODE*. When I'm more advanced, it will make sense. As a new user it caused far more confusion that ease of use for a CAD drawing.
2. Of all the free or nearly free things out there on learning CAD, I found one that I really like. Short lessons (less than 1 hour), most of them include a video, and a quiz to make sure you have the basic concepts of that lesson. It is at www.myCADsite.com. I took the risk of spending $29 to get all the lessons downloaded. This allowed two things: no advertising buried in the web page and no internet connection needed to continue learning.

But wait you say. MyCADsite.com says AutoCAD. Yes, it does. But so far the intellicad way is so close to the AutoCAD way, it has not been a problem so far.

*= somebody, somewhere on this forum has covered how to do that.