Crash and freezing issues.

#1
We are experiencing issues here at the company with two machines using Intellicad. In one machine, we have version 11.1, while in the other, we have version 10.1. In version 11.1, the PC is crashing frequently, shutting down on its own. Additionally, there are some bugs when printing, where it says the printer is already in use. We have to close the program and reopen it several times for it to work. On the other PC with the older version, we are experiencing lag problems when zooming into random files and unusually slow performance. The PC is quite powerful with a 10th generation i7 processor, 64GB of RAM, and a Quadro K620 graphics card. Both machines have Quadro graphics cards, but the other PC has a P400 model. Could it be a compatibility issue with the Quadro graphics card?

Re: Crash and freezing issues.

#2
Anch'io ho avuto un problema di freezing del programma, con la versione 10.1, il programma si bloccava random e dovevo forzarlo per chiuderlo. Successivamente il file in lavorazione risultva danneggiato, illegibile ed irrecuperabile. Installando la versione 11.1 il problema appare superato, il programma ha mostrato comunque un messaggio di crash e ripristino, ma senza apparente interruzione del funzionamento e senza perdita di dati. Io ho un processore i9, 64 Gb di RAM, Windows 10 Pro, scheda grafica Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, v. 516.94. Credo che abbiano cercato di stabilizzare il programma, ma che ci sia ancora un problema.

Re: Crash and freezing issues.

#3
somax wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:16 am
We are experiencing issues here at the company with two machines using Intellicad. In one machine, we have version 11.1, while in the other, we have version 10.1. In version 11.1, the PC is crashing frequently, shutting down on its own. Additionally, there are some bugs when printing, where it says the printer is already in use. We have to close the program and reopen it several times for it to work. On the other PC with the older version, we are experiencing lag problems when zooming into random files and unusually slow performance. The PC is quite powerful with a 10th generation i7 processor, 64GB of RAM, and a Quadro K620 graphics card. Both machines have Quadro graphics cards, but the other PC has a P400 model. Could it be a compatibility issue with the Quadro graphics card?
I see nobody has answered your question. I'm having regular crash problems as well. I too have a modern (1 YEAR OLD) well specified computer with plenty of processor power, a solid graphics card, updated everything etc etc. I keep finding the program closed by itself with no error reporting, when I've stepped away from the computer. Also, many many times I will execute a command, like just now I typed AUDIT and nothing happened. Nothing in my Task Manager signifies a problem. It's just sitting there, doing nothing, frozen, unable to close without forcing it closed from Task Manager. I wish there was a solution!
FrozenAfterAudit.jpg
FrozenAfterAudit.jpg (172.56 KiB) Viewed 2783 times
Architectural Building & Interior Designer, AutoCAD since 1995, ArchiCAD in 2007 then Revit since 2012 😎🤙🏼

CMS IntelliCAD 11.1.435.145443.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS111
Dell Optiplex Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Windows 11 Pro

Re: Crash and freezing issues.

#4
I am experiencing continuous freezing of the program, too.
It happens whenever I start digitizing elements such as polylines and then try to save the drawing. A message saying "Vectorization Failed (Handled exception)" appears at the lower bar right corner and then the software freezes.
In the Task Manager window, IntelliCad is not shown as freezed but normally running.
If I try to kill the application, then, reopening the file fails and also the recovery of the drawing fails.

The application is running on a rather powerful machine: Intel i7-10700K processor with CPU @ 3,80GHz; 32 GB RAM, Windows 10 pro version 22H2 (64 bit).
Graphic card is an AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100.

With this behavior it is virtually impossible to work

Re: Crash and freezing issues.

#5
nicdain wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:56 am
I am experiencing continuous freezing of the program, too.
It happens whenever I start digitizing elements such as polylines and then try to save the drawing. A message saying "Vectorization Failed (Handled exception)" appears at the lower bar right corner and then the software freezes.
In the Task Manager window, IntelliCad is not shown as freezed but normally running.
If I try to kill the application, then, reopening the file fails and also the recovery of the drawing fails.

The application is running on a rather powerful machine: Intel i7-10700K processor with CPU @ 3,80GHz; 32 GB RAM, Windows 10 pro version 22H2 (64 bit).
Graphic card is an AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100.

With this behavior it is virtually impossible to work
"With this behavior it is virtually impossible to work"

Exactly!! What version of iCad are you running?
Architectural Building & Interior Designer, AutoCAD since 1995, ArchiCAD in 2007 then Revit since 2012 😎🤙🏼

CMS IntelliCAD 11.1.435.145443.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS111
Dell Optiplex Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Windows 11 Pro

Re: Crash and freezing issues.

#6
Inexplicable_Bill wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:30 pm
nicdain wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:56 am
I am experiencing continuous freezing of the program, too.
It happens whenever I start digitizing elements such as polylines and then try to save the drawing. A message saying "Vectorization Failed (Handled exception)" appears at the lower bar right corner and then the software freezes.
In the Task Manager window, IntelliCad is not shown as freezed but normally running.
If I try to kill the application, then, reopening the file fails and also the recovery of the drawing fails.

The application is running on a rather powerful machine: Intel i7-10700K processor with CPU @ 3,80GHz; 32 GB RAM, Windows 10 pro version 22H2 (64 bit).
Graphic card is an AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100.

With this behavior it is virtually impossible to work
"With this behavior it is virtually impossible to work"

Exactly!! What version of iCad are you running?
I am currently using the 10.1 version

Re: Crash and freezing issues.

#7
nicdain wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:43 pm
Inexplicable_Bill wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:30 pm

"With this behavior it is virtually impossible to work"

Exactly!! What version of iCad are you running?
I am currently using the 10.1 version
I asked as I read somewhere on one of these threads that some of these glitches are worked out when you upgrade to 11.1. I have some of those glitches as well, and I have 11.1 so I'm not sure what to believe any more...😱
Architectural Building & Interior Designer, AutoCAD since 1995, ArchiCAD in 2007 then Revit since 2012 😎🤙🏼

CMS IntelliCAD 11.1.435.145443.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS111
Dell Optiplex Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Windows 11 Pro

Re: Crash and freezing issues.

#8
From my perspective version 11/11.1 has been one or the less stable of releases.
I have a copy of 10.1 which I use for recovering drawings that have issues after a version 11.1 crash. (I have found that often after version 11.1 has just stopped, and I have had to use task manager to close Icad, that 11.1 will not open the last active drawing whereas 10.1 will)

SteveN
CMS INTELLICAD 11.1.435.145443.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS111

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

Re: Crash and freezing issues.

#9
sln8458 wrote: From my perspective version 11/11.1 has been one or the less stable of releases.
I have a copy of 10.1 which I use for recovering drawings that have issues after a version 11.1 crash. (I have found that often after version 11.1 has just stopped, and I have had to use task manager to close Icad, that 11.1 will not open the last active drawing whereas 10.1 will)

SteveN
Inexplicable_Bill wrote:
nicdain wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:43 pm
Inexplicable_Bill wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:30 pm

"With this behavior it is virtually impossible to work"

Exactly!! What version of iCad are you running?
I am currently using the 10.1 version
I asked as I read somewhere on one of these threads that some of these glitches are worked out when you upgrade to 11.1. I have some of those glitches as well, and I have 11.1 so I'm not sure what to believe any more...😱
Thanks for the information.
If neither the 11.1 hasn't solved the problem, I suppose the only way out is moving to a different product. It's annoying the fact that I've paid almost 300,00 euros for a software that doesn't work... And now I have to pay more for another software!

Re: Crash and freezing issues.

#10
Difficult choice.

All I can say is that the ITC are aware of the issue with 11.1, I had an email last night mentioning this issue and that they are working on it.

I have to say I like the product, but I have been with it since 1998, when it was a Visio product!
As has been said by others, don't compare it with a product costing 10 or 20 times the cost.

SteveN
CMS INTELLICAD 11.1.435.145443.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS111

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk
cron