WINDOWS 11

Anyone running windows 11?

In the process of setting up a new PC running win 11.
When I go to username/appdata/roaming there is NO CMS folder!

Any idea where it is? as I want to copy over a number of files/folders from my win 10 PC.

SteveN

Re: WINDOWS 11

Thanks Quan,

I'll have a look in a bit, the new PC is turned off atm while I look at an issue for a client. I've had to swap the license back.
I'll post back whatever I find.

On a separate issue, specifically windows/PC related.
The new PC is an i9-12900/64GbRam/GeForce2060ti8Gb/2x1Tb SSD's(m.2)
When loading a large drawing which take over 5 mins to load on my win 10 pc. If I open task manager the CPU load is only 7%, but the drawing still takes 2m 30s to load.
Is there anyway to up the CPU usage to reduce load times/improve performance that you know of?

SteveN

sln8458 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:22 am
Thanks Quan,

I'll have a look in a bit, the new PC is turned off atm while I look at an issue for a client. I've had to swap the license back.
I'll post back whatever I find.

On a separate issue, specifically windows/PC related.
The new PC is an i9-12900/64GbRam/GeForce2060ti8Gb/2x1Tb SSD's(m.2)
When loading a large drawing which take over 5 mins to load on my win 10 pc. If I open task manager the CPU load is only 7%, but the drawing still takes 2m 30s to load.
Is there anyway to up the CPU usage to reduce load times/improve performance that you know of?

SteveN
Look at the affinity settings. MTMODE = 3 and MULTICORE = -1. The help file explains what they do.

Well, new PC up and running. Still a few bits and bobs to sort out :)
APPdata is as it should be, I guess I had not restarted or just user error!

I looked at the affinity settings and changed them, but still no significant improvement, need to play a bit more with the affinitysettings to see if I can improve things.

SteveN