OS update and Intellicad license

Hi everyone,
In our office we have a computer with Intellicad installed and licensed and we want to upgrade the OS from Windows 8.1 to windows 10
I was checking for the license number before do anything but I found in the Intellicad application that i have to cancel the license before do anything and the get a new one, I'm not sure how this be and I'm quite confused with the procedure (and afraid to mess with the office computer and lose the license). I was checking online but i only got that information not the correct procedure.
Does anyone know exactly what will I need to do? Do I cancel first? where do I get the new license?

Thank you in advice
Jose

Re: OS update and Intellicad license

OK,

IMPORTANT.
1/. You will need the installation 'exe' file to re-load Icad if you are replacing the O.S.
(this may be available via the Icad download/store ??).
Link to official Instructions here -> viewtopic.php?t=1514&sid=a07205746885f4 ... f360e6046b <-
and here -> https://www.intellicadms.com/downloads/ ... ctions.pdf <-

This is how I used to do it when I used Icad 9. see image below (sorry about the poor quality image)

Goto 'HELP' and select 'License Manager'
In the dialogue box insert the license/activation key in the lower box.
NOTE: I used a dummy license here :)
Then 'Deactivate'
Now Icad will stop working on this PC and you should be able to upgrade.

SteveN

Hi Steven
Yes, Updating to W10 is still possible, I cannot do, idk why the process fails but I know people who did.
BTW, finally the boss said no need yet the W10 upgrade so I'm trying to install again intellicad, now going to the newest version, but when i try to register again with the ID and the license number the system says cannot be done because the license is in use, why can it be?

I'm a little confused where you are in your process.

1/. Did you de-activate the Icad license?
2/. Did you uninstall the Icad software?
3/. Have you upgraded to win 10?

Assuming answers are:
1/. yes
2/. No
3/. No

If this is the case then there should be no need to re-install Icad, just re-activate the license .
NOTE: the license activation box has the location for the license activation key at the top this time not the bottom!!

If your answers are:
1/. yes
2/. yes
3/. no & yes

In this case you will need to re-install Icad, and as above note the position of the activation key box.

SteveN

QuanNguyen wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:03 am
the version is 9.2X64 Premium Edition Plus
Jocoque wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:34 pm
now going to the newest version, ...
Not sure what you mean about "the newest version".
FYI, the license for " 9.2X64 Premium Edition Plus" can't use for the 10.0 or 10.1 versions.
Hi QuanNguyen.

If Jocoque has indeed installed a 'new' version of Icad, why the error 'license is in use' ?

Also If the laptop is still running win 8.1, Then Icad 10.0 or 10.1 will not work!