If you are refferring to flyout toolbars the answer is yes. When creating your button using the "customize" command, you will find on the toobars tab a checkbox option "Insert as Flyout". Use this to create buttons under your main button. Does this help? Do you need a more step by step approach?

------------------
David Trotz

[This message has been edited by dtrotzjr (edited 10-03-2000).]

What I would like to do is have a button that represents say a sink. When I click onto the button I want to be able to bring in the image with the part number and price available to me. Using the flyout seemed to only allow me to bring in bitmaps. How do I attach the group to the button.

David,
I think Philip wants to insert a block with some attributes and he will be using a customized toolbar icon to allow him to select the type of block.

It appears he is a new user and may not be fully up to speed with the correct CAD terminology.

Philip is this what you want?

1/ Create a bitmap icon 15x16 units of the sink or product.

2/ Create a new toolbar and use the bitmap icon.

3/ Create a drawing of the product in CAD and add the part number and price as an attribute (make them fixed or invisible - you can turn these on/off later).

4/ Block the CAD drawing to save it within the existing drawing or WBlock to save this as a seperate drawing.

5/ On the new toolbar icon add a command that inserts either the Block or seperate drawing in your layout.

I have used the correct terminology so you can use these words in the help area to find out how each activity is carried out.

Regards
John Finlay

I agree John, I think Philip may have the terminology just a bit off. As Philip may be a newer user I would like to take your excellent explanation just one step further, if I may.

Philip,

On John’s step #5 the command you might enter would look similar to this except you would fill in your block or wblock name where I have BLOCKNAME:

^C^C^C_INSERT;BLOCKNAME;\;;;

The ^C^C^C cancels out any command you may possibly be in at the time.
The semicolon ; is equivalent to an enter.
The backslash \ is equivalent to a pause for user input and in this case allows you to choose where you want to insert your block.

I welcome everyone to our forum and hope you continue to use it. We value your input.
Thank you,

Melodie