New User Problem with User Coordinate System (UCS)

Hi!
When working on an 3D-Model I often have to set a workplane and use that for further building the model.
As I have understood this is implemented in Intellicad with UCS - correct?
But I have a problem using "UCS Entity".
Example: I have a 4-side Pyramid solid and want to use one of the sides as the plane for further building. I try to use "UCS Entity" but when I have to select the entity I always get the message something like "this selection cannot be used for UCS entity". No matter where I select a face of the pyramid the same error comes up.

I am sure I do something wrong but I could not find a away to achieve this result.
Information according to this is very welcome.

Regards
Johannes

Re: New User Problem with User Coordinate System (UCS)

Hi Steve!
Thank you for this tip.
I had made some tests with 3-point UCS but its not as easy as you wrote. When setting the 3rd point you have to decide the direction of later following extrusions because extrusion are always done in positive z-direction. At least I did not find a possibility to decide the direction of an extrusion when you actually use the extrusion tool. I tried to use a negative value for the extrusion height but that did not work?

Thank You & have a nice day
Johannes

Re: New User Problem with User Coordinate System (UCS)

JohannesH wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:42 am
Hi Steve!
............... When setting the 3rd point you have to decide the direction of later following extrusions because extrusion are always done in positive z-direction. At least I did not find a possibility to decide the direction of an extrusion when you actually use the extrusion tool. I tried to use a negative value for the extrusion height but that did not work?
In my lisp here -> viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1937&sid=2a670089b ... 1f023ad7e4 <- I use:
(command "ucs" "ZA" spt1 spt2)
When defining Pipe Extrusions, where spt1 is the start point and spt2 is the end point. This works (for me!) irrespective of the current UCS.

Steve