vera,

In CAD most drafters draw at full size.

This allows dimensions to be accurate.

Dimensions change as the drawing is scalled up or down.

To stop this you can type dimaso at the command line and select "off".

When you draw dimensions then scale them there is no association between the dimension text and the dimension.

Another way is to block your drawing and including dimensions, then insert the drawing using a different scale.

------------------
Regards
John Finlay

thanks so much......um I think i asked the wrong question though. what im trying to do is arange my drawings on a page in a title block to be printed. how do i just resize them without changing anything?

There is nothing at all difficult about paperspace once you get used to it. That said, I find little use for it in this program. I do use it extensivly in another program for laying out 2D prints from 3D models but Icad is not capable of that. As for scaling the drawing, why? If it is to fit is on another paper size when printing, set that in the print properties. Changing the physical size of the drawing is not a good idea. Makes future editing a real problem and complicates file transfers to other users. The print scale needs to be worked out well in advance, otherwise, when the drawing is reduced or enlarge during printing, the dimension text will be the wrong size.

If you need to print directly from modelspace, just scale your title block to the desired plotting scale to make it fit around the objects. that way the dimensions remain the same.

To control to text size you set the dimscale variable to the plotting scale.