resize or scale

New to IntelliCAD? Get started here with basic questions and answers.

Moderators: CMS Inc, avaernes

vera

resize or scale

Post by vera » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:45 pm

how do i scale or resize my dwg's without the dimensions canging?

thanks, Vera
John Finlay

Post by John Finlay » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:23 pm

vera,

In CAD most drafters draw at full size.

This allows dimensions to be accurate.

Dimensions change as the drawing is scalled up or down.

To stop this you can type dimaso at the command line and select "off".

When you draw dimensions then scale them there is no association between the dimension text and the dimension.

Another way is to block your drawing and including dimensions, then insert the drawing using a different scale.

------------------
Regards
John Finlay
vera

Post by vera » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:08 pm

thanks so much......um I think i asked the wrong question though. what im trying to do is arange my drawings on a page in a title block to be printed. how do i just resize them without changing anything?
CAD_B
Valued Contributor

Post by CAD_B » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:54 pm

It appears that you may need to learn about paperspace. Here is a link to a short tutorial : http://www.cadtutor.net/acad/acadr14/e- ... space.html

I find using paperspace to be insanely complex and inconvenient. Fortunately, for me, I don't need paperspace to construct and print the 3D wireframe models that I work with. But you may actually need it. Good luck.
CW
Valued Contributor

Post by CW » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:53 pm

There is nothing at all difficult about paperspace once you get used to it. That said, I find little use for it in this program. I do use it extensivly in another program for laying out 2D prints from 3D models but Icad is not capable of that. As for scaling the drawing, why? If it is to fit is on another paper size when printing, set that in the print properties. Changing the physical size of the drawing is not a good idea. Makes future editing a real problem and complicates file transfers to other users. The print scale needs to be worked out well in advance, otherwise, when the drawing is reduced or enlarge during printing, the dimension text will be the wrong size.
RS
Contributor

Post by RS » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:47 am

If you need to print directly from modelspace, just scale your title block to the desired plotting scale to make it fit around the objects. that way the dimensions remain the same.

To control to text size you set the dimscale variable to the plotting scale.