ambient light

I'm using Icad CMS 9.2, when using full rendering, with ambient and point lights:
- if no material has been assigned, ok, both lights work, the shadow areas receive ambient light as they should, they are not completely black
- but if materials are assigned to the objects in the scene, the ambient light has no effect, the areas not directly affected by the point or the distant light are black, deleting the ambient light has no effect.
Reading the help file, I saw that it was not as it should be: "Ambient light can be used to fill dark or shaded areas of a drawing"
How to solve this?
In version 10 is this problem solved?
Thanks

Re: ambient light

This section of the forum is not active at all, I wonder if there's a more active forum for rendering? I've done a lot of rendering in Autocad and when I get to it on iCad, I'm worried that there won't be help here for me either. I have not compared iCad to Acad as far as rendering, if it's exactly the same we can use help for Acad but if there are too many differences then that won't work.
~R
33+ years using Autocad, wanting to fully learn iCad and share my knowledge of applicable crossover info from Acad.
-=(RLH)=-