Zoom while waiting for input in getstring is no longer possi

Topics relating to AutoLisp and SDS.

Moderators: CMS Inc, avaernes

MROCK
Valued Contributor

Zoom while waiting for input in getstring is no longer possi

Post by MROCK » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:53 am

With the upgrade to 6.2 I found the following problem:

During Lisp routines, we have a lot of text or numeric input. When using transparent zoom while the lisp is waiting for the input, the program aborts. This had not been happening in older Icad versions.

To reproduce this, you can type (setq a (getstring T "?")) in the command line. When you try to use any zoom, even <ctrl>+<shift>+mouse a will be set to nil.

Am I the only one suffering with this? What could we do?

Thanks,
Michael
BJ
Valued Contributor

Post by BJ » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:10 pm

With the upgrade to 6.2 I found the following problem:

During Lisp routines, we have a lot of text or numeric input. When using transparent zoom while the lisp is waiting for the input, the program aborts. This had not been happening in older Icad versions.

To reproduce this, you can type (setq a (getstring T "?")) in the command line. When you try to use any zoom, even <ctrl>+<shift>+mouse a will be set to nil.

Am I the only one suffering with this? What could we do?

I definitely had problem with this.
I haven't figured out a way to use the Zoom during the insertion of text. Do you use a scroll mouse? My mouse (Logitech) has a center wheel that I can roll to zoom in or out and I can hold down the center wheel and then move the mouse around to pan. I am constantly pushing down the wheel and panning then releasing the wheel and zooming. Anyway, if you can do this with your mouse, you can modify your getstring input routines to bypass the 'nil' return the wheel returns,
( as well as the "'_zoom" that zoom returns, if you accidentally hit zoom ).

===============================
(setq A nil)
(while ( or ( equal A nil )
( equal A "'_rtpan")
( equal A "'_zoom _e")
( equal A "'_zoom _p")
( equal A "'_zoom _w")
( equal A "'_zoom .5x")
( equal A "'_zoom ") )
(setq A ( getstring T "?" ))
); end while
================================

Like I said, you can't use zoom or the pan command, but the catches placed in the routine are in case you accidentally hit them, so you won't be thrown out of the routine. The "nil" is really the only catch that is needed to bypass the scroll wheel return.
BJ
Valued Contributor

Post by BJ » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:13 pm

Sorry about the double post.

Also, I am using version 6.2.36.1
MROCK
Valued Contributor

Post by MROCK » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:16 pm

Thank you BJ, I will work on this. I wish I could spend this time for improving my Lisps instead of creating workarounds for every new upgrade.