BJ,

I have not tried this and would like to hear from anyone who has.

It would be interesting to evaluate the speed of Python as it looks like it would access CAD 'Out of Process' and be slow.

------------------
Regards
John Finlay

I am going to get a book on Python and learn it. I have tons of old code I use in my work, first wrote in basic, then later compiled with PowerBasic. I want my code to be able to port across Windows, Apple, and especially, Linux, and Python is ideal for this ( plus they say it's easy to learn ).

Now if we can get an IntelliCad that will run on Linux that would be great. I want to get set-up completely on Linux, and get away from MS.

BJ,

That would be interesting to learn Python.

Could you share your knowledge on how you are going with us?

There are many people who feel like migrating away from MS and the universities are pushing this agenda.

------------------
Regards
John Finlay

I will. I have Ubuntu installed on a separate HD, but had trouble getting dial-up (winmodem) working on it. I will get an external modem though. ( can't find the drivers to get my winmodem to work with Ubuntu ). I think Ubuntu can pick up the network card though, but havn't got to mess around with it yet.( I need dial-up as well as cable, cable service is spotty here, and I need dial-up for a backup )