Welcome new Moderator

We would like to take this opportunity to welcome Asbjørn Værnes as the new moderator for our Lisp and New User forums. I know his contributions will be a great help to the many people in need of assistance.

Thank you for helping the advancement of IntelliCAD.

Melodie

Welcome; I look forward to the challenging discussions ahead.

Ok now I think (gloves off) that we need to collaborate on an IntelliCAD Lisp to VBA conversion routine.

There are many lisp users (basic and advanced) that may have problems differentiating between linear programming and Object Orientating Programming (OOP).

The gauntlet thrown down! - lets have some fun and learn from each other in an open forum - Yes Lisp can be better than VBA and on the other hand VBA is better than Lisp - Stay tuned and understand the difference.

Participation is not mandatory - lurk if you like - understand the difference - knowledge is power.

I welcome all!!!

MTriche, Avernes all other Moderators and forum participants - your road less traveled is about to begin - stay tuned.

Thanks John and Melodie,
I hope to have something to contribute to the VBA vs Lisp discussion, though at present I know nothing about VBA. It is obvious, as John implies, that both languages have their pros and cons. It would be nice if John could point to web resources (sample VBA code etc.) that could help a beginner.
I should be able to answer questions related to Autolisp in a constructive manner. Also, I have been writing all my routines to work on both the Autocad and Intellicad platforms, which means I know a few things about compatibility problems. In short, I find the Intellicad Lisp interpreter to be less "tolerant" than Autocad's. More often than not, if an Autocad routine does not work in Intellicad, the problem is poor lisp code. There are also a few bugs in Intellicad's Lisp and DCL languages, whereas Autocad's Lisp is said to be virtually bug-free.

Regards,
Asbjørn