Problem with OFFSET command in lsp file

I'm new to IntelliCAD. I have recently found myself unemployed after 25 years of working at various time for structural engineering companies in MS USA. IntelliCAD appears to be a fine alternative to AucoCad.

I have written quite a few LSP routine over the past 20 year and I'm trying to addapt them to IntelliCAD. My problem is that in one of my routines I need to use the OFFSET command and I'm getting the following error message :

(command "offset" of-dist e1 sp1 " ")

ERROR: rejected function

I'm trying to use it in a WHILE loop. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this code, it work in AutoCad?

Thanks for any help,

Steve
MS USA

Hi,

I've tested this function individually on v7.1 and it worked well, so it should work also for you. Be aware that you are sending a space (" ") on the last argument and it should be an empty string ("").

Regards,
JCAMPOS

Offset Problem

Jcampos,

Thanks for the response, I'm using the v6.6 STD on Cloud. I've tried the (" ") and (""), and I'm still getting the same error. Do you thing it has something to do with the earlier version of IntelliCad?

I'm trying to get started as a free lance draftsman here in MS and can not affort the price of AutoCad and Intellicad appears to be a extremly fine alternative. Like I stated in my previous posting I've written quite a few routine in the past 20 years and really depend on the to get my work done in a timly manner.

Thanks for your assistance and any other ideas would be greatly appriciated,

Steve,
Pearl MS USA

Hi,

No, I've tried also in v6.6 PRO and it worked. I suggest you to download the trial version of v7.1. Almost every AutoLISP routines will work without any modification, however, some may need small adjustments, because some commands may have different syntaxes.

Regards,
JCAMPOS

Offset problem

I just tested it and it works for me under ICAD 7.2 std.

I would look into the functions that set your variables of-dist e1 and sp1. I think your error is trying to tell you there's a function used to set one of those that is not valid in ICAD. There's probably an alternative function name you need or something.