icad.unt

Hi,
I'm converting an app that I did (an lsp app for AutoCAD), so the app can work with IntelliCAD too. But is difficult to find information (or instructions) of how to specify an alternate location for icad.unt. I have to do so because my app needs additional conversion factor for units of area. So, because of lack of information, I assumed that is not possible. No matter what folder I put the file, or what path I configure inside IntelliCAD options, IntelliCAD cant see the file outside the IntelliCAD installation folder. Is that correct? 
But I need to do so because during installation, is very difficult to place an update of icad.unt file inside IntelliCAD installations folders.
Can you help me with this issue?

Re: icad.unt

QuanNguyen wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:38 pm
Hi,

You can use the command OPTION -> Paths/Files to add any path to the file search path.
Then IntelliCAD can see them.
Something like this:
lisp_path.png
I try it, and as you can see in the other posts, does not work.
The test is very simple: add to your original icad.unt a new conversion factor, and move the file to the location you suggested. Open intelliCAD and use your new conversion unit. You will see the error. Move the file again to the intelliCAD installation folders and will work. But if you are a developer, and need to work with other conversions factors, is not a good idea to make your clients to copy manually that file to the intelliCAD protected location. Is better to handle that process automatically by the installation process. But to use the intelliCAD protected installation folders, as the only way to handle the file, is no an easy task.

Try other folders.
Personally I use "Support Paths > User Paths":
ScreenShot_20240417100843.jpeg
ScreenShot_20240417100843.jpeg (65.54 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture

This is how my system is set up for lsp files in version 12.1 and appears to work fine.
paths.png
paths.png (42.57 KiB) Viewed 65 times
Possibly put your 'icad.unt' file in one of these??

SteveN
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

Thank you for your interest in help. I really appreciate very much.
I added my folder with the customized icad.unt and CMS IntelliCAD still not using my file.
options.png
options.png (25.54 KiB) Viewed 64 times
For all other files, works perfect. The problem is just with the icad.unt
Looks like I will have to add my reginal conversions using other ways.

Looking at the file it seems as if only one version is required, all conversion factors in one file.

Just a thought, but have you tried to rename the original file to say icad.unt.org
the re-boot and try again as it may be that it finds the original first and stops looking for your version.

EDIT:
Another thought is to put your file location at the start of the search paths, that is Icad12.1 atm, but re-organise the paths to put yours at the front.
CMS INTELLICAD 12.1.243.153262.PE+.VC16.x64.CMS121

i9-12900k / 64gb-3200 - NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3060 Ti 8Gb Windows 11 Pro
www.stylemarkdesigns.co.uk

Thank you for your replay.
I can add my customized conversion factors to the original icad.unt manually without any problem. Also, I can copy the file manually and replace the original with my version. The problem is that the path where the icad.unt is located is restricted for software modifications. So, during (or after) the installation of my tools in another working station, that file is inaccessible. So, it is imposible to do a rename using software. The perfect solution will be to have a setting to set the path like already have for linetypes or LISP.
In AutoCAD, you can just add it to the Support/Search Path and works perfectly.

I agree with you, that must be the problem. In AutoCAD, you can reorganize the search paths.
But please, forgive my ignorance, is there a way to reorganize the search path in CMS IntelliCAD?
Please illuminate me.

InGeomatics wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:06 am
In AutoCAD, you can just add it to the Support/Search Path and works perfectly.
To verify if your file is activated, look here after close/re-open your options:
ScreenShot_20240417153850.jpeg
ScreenShot_20240417153850.jpeg (86.63 KiB) Viewed 48 times
If you see your folder it's ok for your lisp script.
Personnally here in France I use "support paths > menu" because the verification work.
Patrick Depoix
Architecte D.P.L.G. & Historien-chercheur en histoire de l'Architecture