Entity Snap

Entity Snap presents two misbehaviors:

1- The Snap selection menu doesn't show when I press the right-click+shift combination. Instead, the pointer icon changes to indicate a drawing rotation tool.

2- When the entity selection is on it doesn't show any changes in the icon to indicate what entity snap is active a that location (that is, endpoint, midpoint ,etc)

Any help?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J. Avelar:
<B>Entity Snap presents two misbehaviors:

1- The Snap selection menu doesn't show when I press the right-click+shift combination. Instead, the pointer icon changes to indicate a drawing rotation tool.

2- When the entity selection is on it doesn't show any changes in the icon to indicate what entity snap is active a that location (that is, endpoint, midpoint ,etc)

Any help?

Thanks
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Avelar:
Regarding topic no. 2, I've had similar difficulties. If a toolbar button becomes "sticky", its proper responese seems to return if I pull out the bar into the drawing field, right click within the toolbar area & select customize. Then click on the category where the icon exists, drag it into the toolbar in the drawing field then pull out the one that didn't work which deletes it. But this action doesn't always work. All of my entity snaps work ok except for "set insertion point snap". It refuses to show as engaged when it is set "on". Can anyone help us with our stuborn snaps?

Perhaps I missed this one, but I have had 2 other problems with entity snap:

1) When used within another command, the snap setting stays on after that command ends.

2) When used within another command, clicking on a snap button does not override other pre-set snap settings.

The result is having to click on the _NONE button after most commands - very frustrating and time consuming. Any suggestions?

Hi Everyone,

I believe I have good news about snaps. I am told that the new update, which should be available very shortly, has corrected this problem. I have been informed, I will receive my beta copy for testing Saturday, that the icons now represent the snap that is being used and that the snaps no longer stay running. I will let you know after I try it out this weekend. Keep an eye out on this forum for my post announcing that the update is now available. Again, this should be in the very near future.

Melodie

Mr. Avelar,

The problem you mentioned in #1 was fixed in this last release in December. Only the free version still contained that problem. While I am told that the new version has been delayed a week or two I did notice on the fixed list that the snaps do not stay running any longer and that the icons now represent the snap that is being used. This next release should be a major one and I am anxious to see it. I will put post on all forums when the new release is available.

Melodie

I downloded the new release Ver. 2.2.00025 on Friday 2001.05.04. Guess what? My snaps still stay enabled after selection. Atleast FLYOVER snap is now usable.

Finnbear,
Version 2.2.0025 refers to a Bricsnet Intellicad release, Not a CMS release. These are separate companies and separate distributions. Topics regarding this particular build belong at the Bricsnet forum, where they do not mislead people.
The flyover snapping implementation was developed by Bricsnet, for their version. It does not exist in any other Intellicad versions, and probably never will.

No one knows that for sure. We should at least wait to see what the ITC brews up with this next release that is already a month overdue.

------------------
David Trotz