TRIM command drives me nuts

Sorry for repeating this topic, but the implementation of the trim command drives me nuts: It unfortunately depends on polylines on their direction. Just do the following:
1) draw one horizontal polyline, just with two points from left to right.
2) draw another polyline from top to bottom in this way, that both polyline intersects themselves.
3) use the trim command, mark the horizontal one as "cutting entity"
4) press return
5) mark the section of the vertical polyline as "Select entity to trim"
6) as an result the UPPER part of the polyline will be trimmed .....

To whom could we forward this behavior, and could we expect to get some changes or bug fixes?
How does other person feel about this?
If I just like to trim more, I still need to reverse every of these polylines, before I can apply the trim command.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance (IntelliCad 6.2PE)

Karlheinz

First of all:
thanks for your replies!
Do you also use the latest Version? I am using the 6.2.36.1, Premium Edition.
I also just verified the behavior as posted above without loaded any LISP routines, and I still have this strange behavior, that the "wrong" parts of the Polyline is trimmed..

Have anybody an idea, why IntelliCad shows different behaviors on different computer?

I am willing to look for every hint - is IntelliCad relying on some dlls, which are offered by windows and may be different??
I am using Windows XP SP2 with 1GB main memory...

Thanks in advance for every reply!

Karlheinz

mmh, I just checked in an empty drawing in 6.19 and also in 6.20 - There it works fine in both versions, so I can confirm your posts above - but in my bigger drawing it works unfortunately wrong ... and there it still drives me nuts...
Can I send this drawing to anybody for verification?

regards Karlheinz

found the problem ....

TRIM still drive me nuts..,
but now I recognized by reading another post, that the TRIM command only works well in the UCS WOrld coordinate system.
I checked this - and found that if I change to the UCS World, the TRIM command is doing what I expect.

best regards Karlheinz

TRIM

I have been usinf icad since '98. Its great, however, I just upgraded to 6.4.23.2 and my trim function does not work properly. If I draw a simple box and then draw a line over the box, I can only trim to one side of the line regardless of which side of the line I choose to trim. The side of the box that I can trim is determined by whether I draw the box from left to right or rigth to left. When working on a job, I need to explode the polyline box in order to get it to trim on the correct side. Older versions of icad did not do this. Help would be great!

Re: TRIM command drives me nuts

Karlheinz wrote:Sorry for repeating this topic, but the implementation of the trim command drives me nuts: It unfortunately depends on polylines on their direction. Just do the following:
1) draw one horizontal polyline, just with two points from left to right.
2) draw another polyline from top to bottom in this way, that both polyline intersects themselves.
3) use the trim command, mark the horizontal one as "cutting entity"
4) press return
5) mark the section of the vertical polyline as "Select entity to trim"
6) as an result the UPPER part of the polyline will be trimmed .....

To whom could we forward this behavior, and could we expect to get some changes or bug fixes?
How does other person feel about this?
If I just like to trim more, I still need to reverse every of these polylines, before I can apply the trim command.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance (IntelliCad 6.2PE)

Karlheinz
karlheinz,

i tried your example and did not encounter any problem at all... i couldn't figure out what u were talkin about on ur step 4... and it's not clear which part of the intersecting polylines do u want to trim..

for example u wanted to trim the upper portion of the vertical line only, try this...it's very easy, draw polyline from left to right, then another from top to bottom, they intersect, right?

use TRIM command, then select the cutting entities for trim which SHOULD BE the horizontal polyline, enter, then select entity to trim and that is the upper portion of the vertical line..

u will see what's left is the whole horizontal line and lower half part of the vertical line.. the upper part is gone..

i couldn't comprehend what did u mean when u say "press return" on step 4... i hope that helps..

regards,

asia