Wipeout

I just upgraded to version 6.2. This version includes a wipeout tool. It would appear that it does not work. I create a wipeout object but it is nothing but a frame. It does not block what is behind it as it should. Also, if I turn the wipeout frame off and do a print preview, the program crashes. Anyone else tried this? Is it something I'm doing wrong or does this tool not work?
Intellicad PE+ 6.2.36.1.

All I can assume is that it does not function. In any case, I got an email from a Patrik Sparrman discribing a workaround. He suggested hatching an object with a solid hatch and the color set to 255. I tried it and the hatch shows up on the screen but does not print. It will however hide whatever is behind it.

If you look at the help feature, you will notice that wipeout is one of the features of autoCAD not supported by IntelliCAD. I wonder if CADOPIA or CMS (the one you have) or AutoDsys will do something about that. There are a few more things that are not supported by IntelliCAD - look under help and "not display". The Hatch option described in a previous reply to your question may be viable but I suspect it is more cumbersome to use.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CW:
<B>I just upgraded to version 6.2. This version includes a wipeout tool. It would appear that it does not work. I create a wipeout object but it is nothing but a frame. It does not block what is behind it as it should. Also, if I turn the wipeout frame off and do a print preview, the program crashes. Anyone else tried this? Is it something I'm doing wrong or does this tool not work?
Intellicad PE+ 6.2.36.1.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is obvious that you do not have the version I have. Do you even have Intellicad? The wipeout command was added in version 6.2. Acces at command line or through icon. Help describes it's use and function. If it wasn't in the program, how to you think I could have used it? What are you talking about?

[This message has been edited by CW (edited 09-22-2006).]