Importing .arg files & toolbars from ACAD

Hi,

I have ICAD 6.1PE+.

I have been using AutoCAD release 2000i for many years and have customised it to suit myself with toolbars, menus, etc and have an .arg file in AutoCAD.

A couple of questions:

1. I have tried to import my AutoCAD .arg file into IntelliCAD to maintain my settings. It will not let me do so.
It comes up with a warning box saying thet the type of file is invalid. How do I overcome this and import my existing .arg file? It has taken me years of refining to get it how I like it, and I do not wish to have to start from scratch again.

2. How do I import my toolbars from AutoCAD?

3. How do I ADD my personal pull-down menus to the top bar of Icad? If I import one of my menus, Icad dumps all the standard Icad pulldowns and just leasves the one menu I've brought in.

4. How do I create or import texture map files from other programs into Icad? Icad has .tex files, which I haven't seen before.

I need to set this system up tonight for a large project tomorrow, so I would appreciate any help ASAP

Thanks in anticipation

Engel

I'm not sure of the other items but as far as loading a menu there are two ways to do this.
If you are using Tools->Customize then you must check the box that says append to current menu.
The way I like to do it is to write a small lisp routine that calls (command "menuload").
Then the menus are placed the way you wish (for example if you use a *.mnl file to place the pulldown next to last pulldown, to keep the help file at the end).

Thanks Dave. Worked a treat! I never even saw the "append" tickbox before.

Now if I could just load my ACAD toolbars I'd be laughing.

Cheers,
Engel

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davep:
<B>I'm not sure of the other items but as far as loading a menu there are two ways to do this.
If you are using Tools->Customize then you must check the box that says append to current menu.
The way I like to do it is to write a small lisp routine that calls (command "menuload").
Then the menus are placed the way you wish (for example if you use a *.mnl file to place the pulldown next to last pulldown, to keep the help file at the end).</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may try this - When you open the customize dialog box, click the toolbar tab and then import (for your toolbar menu).
I have a toolbar menu that is appended to my menu file and when I use the lisp expression (command "menuload" "menuname") it will load the pulldown menu and the toolbars.