The extrude command is one of the few AutoCAD commands that is not yet supported in IntelliCAD. That is why IntelliCAD states "This command is not yet supported" when you try to run it.
I personally do not know much about 3D in IntelliCAD or AutoCAD so if my answer here is off someone please correct me. But what I have heard is that IntelliCAD does not support ACIS solids and that is a component the extrude command is dependant on. It is rumored that ACIS solids are going to become a part of IntelliCAD in the near future, which means the extrude command COULD then be implemented. That does not mean that it WILL be implemented. It all depends on where in the priority list of things to do for IntelliCAD this command sits.
For now you can try the tabsurf command. This works sort of like the extrude command. It may or may not be what you need. I hope this was helpful.
Anyone else have any comments?

------------------
David Trotz

The extrude command creates a solid ACIS entity from a polyline or a region. Is useful to create complex shapes.

My experience in 3D is in Architectural Modelling. The tabsurf is a possible alternative. It has the disadvantage that the shape is extruded, but it is built without "caps", so the top and the bottom of the 3d entity has to be built apart, with the surface commands too.

The advantage to use the surface entities, is file size. So, I prefer, unless is strictly necessary, the surface entities, and plines, lines and circles with added thickness.

ACIS geometry make BIIIIIIG files, and sometimes is is not necessary to use such entities. If you have a ACIS model and export it to .3ds or .dfx format, you'll notice the difference in file size.

Another advantage of surface entities is that they don't have any problem when they're exported to other formats. ACIS sometimes lose curvature or smoothness, and sometimes are not well exported or readed. Well, it has happened to me.

Well, hope this helps, bye

Alberto