Mtext

Am I having more problems than anyone else?? Maybe its my system?

Mtext appears to have a problem, I have tried this on old drawings, and also have created a fresh drawing with only mtext present. I have used the default mtext editor, notepad, and also wordpad with the same results which are as follows:

Create a new mtext object with an editor of your choice. Type in text, text should be approximately 20+ lines of about 30 characters per line. Save the mtext and now try to list properties and edit it.

What I get is the word varies in the text spot and nothing else, if I try to edit the text the only thing that shows up in the editor is "varies", however, the drawing has all the text in it.

This does not seem to be font specific. I am forced to use single line text.

Any ideas????

Thank you for your posts relative to the font issues,

Scott

We're struggling with MTEXT, even used "mtexted" to set editor to notepad. When tyring to edit MTEXT only the word "VARIES" comes up in the editor. What am I doing wrong?

InsideOut,

If you have Intellicad with VBA you can use the mtext editor that John Finlay came up with to get around this problem, see VBA forum. This problem cropped back up and I am sure that it is already fixed in the upcoming release.

By the way does anyone know when the new release is do out??

Scott

If anyone knows when the solution to the MTEXT problem is cleared, I will be grateful.

It looks to me to be a dialogue limitation of 256 characters or something.

It is the only thing that stops me porting to Intellicad completely and I would dearly like to do so.

I believe I have the latest and greatest version and I still get the same problem as the one described. I have tried to find the the mtext editor that you suggested in the thread, but cannot find it.

Any more suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott:
<B>InsideOut,

If you have Intellicad with VBA you can use the mtext editor that John Finlay came up with to get around this problem, see VBA forum.

Scott</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I found it last night when I had a little more time.

I have not tired it yet, I am hoping that it does not have the 256 character dialogue box limitation that intellicad seems to impose.

Might have to brush up on my VB.